Guinea Pigs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, I take it you're not buying into ML's marketing hype for these speakers.

Correct Rich, these speakers are clearly aimed at the mid level 'HT' crowd......OK I admit it.....I hate these types of speaker connections, regardless if they're on the back of a receiver or the speakers themselves.

Patience will pervail though !!! ...............:D

Correct Rich, these speakers are clearly aimed at the mid level 'HT' crowd......OK I admit it.....I hate these types of speaker connections, regardless if they're on the back of a receiver or the speakers themselves.

Patience will pervail though !!! ...............:D

You know that you can remove the rubber pieces on the back on the push connectors, thus revealing the banana plug inputs -- although it won't help with the "spade" type connection. :)

~Justin

yeah I know Justin, I'll put some 16 gauge zip cord to them and go from there !

compared to current models?

How do the Motion speakers compare to ATF design like the Preface and Fresco i? They're smaller, but do the Motion design project the same image field as the Fresco?

How would you rate a 5.1 Motion compared to a 5.1 Fresco setup, or a 5.1 Vignette setup?

Thanks guys!

Dave

Am particularly curious on how these hold up against preface, encore setup. Please scale it if you may.

And while you're about all that, could you please tell me how the Motion 4 sounds playing the 5.1 version of the PentaTone SACD of Beethoven's Waldstein Sonata with Mari Kodama, and if it's better than with the DefTech ProMonitor 800? :bowdown:

id love to hear more about peoples opinions on these martin logan motion series. I just set up a 5.1 with the motion 4's and a motion 8 center. Using my old PSB 5i sub.

I dont have them placed well, but i liked what i heard in comparison with other speakers in that price range in the store.

curious about peoples opinions that have listened in comparison with other lines

I tried a set of Motion 4s in place of a set of Bose 161s for the rear of one of my small surround systems. The Motion 4s were better by far, maybe it was the high end but clearly the Motion 4s sounded way better than the Bose.

The Motion 4s had much better transparency and better dynamics specifically than the Bose.

Kind of like the Bose made sound and the Motion 4s made music. For the price they are pretty hard to beat.

well, not much discussion on the sound of these guys. maybe its what makes owners of other martin logan speakers hate the direction they are going, thats the feeling i get here.

i have never heard of or owned any martin logans til these motion 4's and a motion 8 center. setup with a psb5i sub. i was disappointed at first, but after returning my new RX-V467 amp and using my old RX-V1300 instead, i can tell you that these speakers are great. the higher power made all the difference in the world.

i love the way these sound. very detailed and clear. havent ever listened to other martin logans for any decent time, but these are great!

Hey Poster, glad you like you new ML's. My guess is it is not as much people hate the direction of ML (although some clearly do) as not many people have heard them to make any compairsion.

If you post some pics of your system and talk about how they sound compared to other speakers you have had it may start some conversation.

Back