Naim dac

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
Anyone heard the new Naim DAC? It looks like a winnner, and if it sounds anything like their CD players it could very well be my next DAC!

See Bernard - despite best intentions [for the DAC7], something always comes along and knocks ARC off the shelf. Shame. I'm just not meant to own ARC for some reason!

Anyone heard the new Naim DAC? It looks like a winnner, and if it sounds anything like their CD players it could very well be my next DAC!

See Bernard - despite best intentions [for the DAC7], something always comes along and knocks ARC off the shelf. Shame. I'm just not meant to own ARC for some reason!
It looks like a winner ? Just looking at a great DAC is like just listening to a great painting ! :D

Adam, I think it's time you bought some ARC stuff instead of just lusting after it. Do you intend to do a comparison between the Naim and the ARC before plunking down your shekels?

It looks like a winner ? Just looking at a great DAC is like just listening to a great painting ! :D

Adam, I think it's time you bought some ARC stuff instead of just lusting after it. Do you intend to do a comparison between the Naim and the ARC before plunking down your shekels?

Oh, of course I intend to do a comparison!! Who do you think I am?

BUT - as I said - I have heard other Naim stuff and loved it, so if this DAC has the house sound and/or sounds similar then I can see it being my preference.

Still don't know the price of the Naim either - so that might put a stop to my thoughts quick smart! The DAC7 is actually quite competitively priced here (for what we're used to)!

But specs will also play a (small) part in my next DAC chioce because I intend to get a lot more into high-rez music when the vapourware Squeezebox Touch is released.

Time will tell!

Last edited:
amey01,
just to let you know that I read the review of the Naim DAC recently in Hi-Fi Choice magazine (UK) and it received a stunning and unfaulted review. Apparently it's supposed to be incredible.

Ken have you decided on the Berkeley?
Mark, it's the best I've heard, but it's backordered for another month. Meanwhile, the brand-new Weiss 202 looks interesting, as does the Naim. Nothing's firm until I write the check.;)

Can't wait to get the Naim in. It will be interesting how it compares to the CD555, still the most musical digital playback, high res or otherwise that I've heard...

I'm hoping there's a lot of CD555 DNA in the DAC.

Latest posts

Back