Spire Versus Summit....Ponder this...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miner, nice post:ROFL:

And Gordon and Rich, I already have lots of room treatments, even though some say you can never have to much, I border on too much. This is a music only 5.1 system.

The processor is a Steve McCormack custom built McCormack MAP-1 analog pre-amp that has unique surround sound software. It is the best pure 5.1 processorthat I have heard and it has a unique 2-channel program that converts all 2 channel source material into what some peopel swear is a 5.1 channel source material.

As for the rear speakers;

I started with Sources in rear, then went to Vistas but now I am going to Summits or Spires, but I will have a pair of CLXs when the price and or circumstance is right. I like the CLXs better than any speaker I have ever heard.

4 CLXs in a 5.1 system is a worthy life goal.:D:D

Funny you should say that Jonfo has already agreed to split a pair of CLXs with me, so that we could both have CLX centers.:D:D

Currently I am using Stage as the center, it doesn't suck.

You are fortunate to have that much room for speakers of this caliber. I'm afraid to listen to the CLX. I don't think my present room could support one pair let alone a 5.X system.

I think if I heard them I'd buy them and then have to buy the new house to go around them! No room on my city lot to expand:(

Gordon

I don't have a huge room. 24 by 14 by 8 ft tall. But it has double walls and lots of room treatments. It truly is a man cave.:D

If I remember right Tonepub gave some advice some time ago. Don't listen to the CLXs unless you are planning to get some as their lust factor is quite intoxicating....or something to that effect.:D

On the other hand what better reason could you have to get a new house than getting a pair of CLXs. I would not be surprised if the government would be willing to kick in 8000 dollars for your CLX/House purchase. One way to get a 50 % discount.:D

I second the Jim Smith book. I have m,any DON'Ts in my listening room I need to correct. I am the boss of my Man Cave and I have my wife's permission to say so.

just bought the book. quite decent although he tends to belabour the "you gotta correct for the room bit..." first several dozen tips and sevral dozen pages are largely different themes of the above! That said, I am enjoying it and more importantly it has provoked several new ideas to test...

Latest posts

Back