Problem with new Prefaces

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeh

Reaction score
So I ordered these online and received them with no problems. I was impressed with the packaging. I listened to my old speakers while unpacking the new ones. One thing I noticed right away is how the grill fits on the Preface. On both speakers I can press in the top but the bottom pops back out, and vice versa. The grills will stay on, but either the top or bottom won't stay in. Ok, so I connect the first speaker, it works. The second speaker is silent. I disconnected the wire and tried again with no sound. I then re-connected my old speaker on that same wire and it worked. Then I moved the silent speaker over to the other channel in place of the working Preface and it was still silent. I'm not exactly satisfied with the non-fitting grills and only one working speaker. Now I'm trying to decide if I should return the defective speaker to the site I ordered from, return both speakers and get something else, or see if Martin Logan can help since I live so close to them.

Back