Power cable upgrade

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of Puritys and would like to get different power cables for them. I noticed that my puritys don't have the ground prong on the speakers or power cables. Are all ML's like that, and why is that ???:confused:
I am using MIT avt series interconnects and speaker cables and would like to stay with MIT for power cables, but I'll have to check if they make them without the grounding prong.
So ya, is the grounging prong absent on other ML's, and why. I'm curious what others are using for power cables if you upgraded.

Terry.

I've been using Signal Cable power cords, they are reasonably priced and well made. My Vistas also use a groundless plug.

Thanks for the reply churchill. I'm curious why the ML's use groundless connections?
Not to hijack my own thread, but, what brand of acoustic treatment is in your
room?

Terry.

I'm not sure why ML uses groundless connections?

I have ATS Acoustics panels in my room. They're a good budget alternative to Real Traps and GIK.

Try out the WireWorld power cables. They have a line of noise cancelling power cables starting at $100. Search the web to see some of the things said about these cable. I can testify that they really work and make a huge difference.
I do not use any power conditioners and only use these cables on all my equipment with great results.

For $100 for cheapest one in the line you should try one.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll do some research. The local audio store that I deal with carries MIT almost exclusively. I was there yesterday, and they mentioned Richard Gray products that they may bring in.
So many choices!!!

Terry.:confused:

Try out the WireWorld power cables. They have a line of noise cancelling power cables starting at $100. Search the web to see some of the things said about these cable. I can testify that they really work and make a huge difference.
I do not use any power conditioners and only use these cables on all my equipment with great results.

For $100 for cheapest one in the line you should try one.

I second Wireworld power cables. I'm using them the same way ronenash does, without power conditioners. The electricity in my home is very stable and I have installed a whole house circuit protector at the circuit box, so the Wireworld cables are an ideal fit in my setup. If you go to Wireworld's website, they have links to quite a few rave reviews of these cables.

Last edited:
Back