Opinion on Vista

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I am very happy to be a Martin Logan owner. After many years of listening to my dads ML's it feels good to have a set! I am also looking for an amp in the $1200 price range to power these Vantage's. I have a small room at the moment but will be buying a house within a year or so and want it to be able to handle both small and medium rooms. All your help is appreciated.

A lot of people (including myself) would recommend Sunfire amps in that price range. I have just the cinema grand at 200W per channel, but it is able to double the watts with the 4 and 2 ohm dips of an ESL speaker. It was the second amp I tried on my Vistas and it has now been in my system for over 2 years.

Thank you. I am very happy to be a Martin Logan owner. After many years of listening to my dads ML's it feels good to have a set! I am also looking for an amp in the $1200 price range to power these Vantage's. I have a small room at the moment but will be buying a house within a year or so and want it to be able to handle both small and medium rooms. All your help is appreciated.

Welcome to the site. It is great resource for anyone building a system. I had a Parasound A21 amp running my Vantages for a couple of years until I bought the Parasound JC1 monoblocks. I highly recommend the A21. Check out some of the reviews on it. Great bang for the buck. Can be had used right at your price range. BTW, Martin Logan has demo'ed some of their speakers with Parasound amps. I believe that says something.

I am also looking for an amp in the $1200 price range to power these Vantage's. I have a small room at the moment but will be buying a house within a year or so and want it to be able to handle both small and medium rooms. All your help is appreciated.
Look possibly at used equipment and you open many doors of highly regarded names to choose from: such as BAT, Audio Research, Pass Labs, Krell, Bryston, Muse, McCormack, Cary, and Conrad Johnson to name just a few. Watching with patience can reward you with some great amplification for your Vantages.

Hello Gentlemen.

Thank you all very much for the input. I did take my time over the last few months and have assembled a pretty good system (in my ears) anyway. I ended up getting a DK Design MKIII Modded amp for $1500 which sounds great with these speakers. My dad came over and threw in some 1965 tubes which are breaking in now. I’m also using a Kora DAC (modded) with a CD Transport and the Sonos music system and also just added the Clearaudio Champion Limited TT. As my dad mentioned before the room I am in isn’t the best but I just purchased a house this week and will be enjoying this system in a much better room soon. I just want to say thank you again for the push towards the ML Vantage speaker instead of vista! Some folks were concerned I would not get the low end drive from heavy music with the vantage speaker, but that is not the case! These speakers play metal very well! and have tons of low end punch, I am very happy with them.

Back