Jeff's(Tonepub) review of the Gotham

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
Hi Jeff and thanks for a great review! I've had the pleasure of hearing a pair of these at Ivan's house in Florida :bowdown:

I do have a question for you. Since you brought the F110's in, did you find it beneficial to place them on the same plane as the CLX or any other speaker?The Gotham's are not in my plans at all, but my F112's are behind and slightly outboard of the Spire near corners. Your thoughts?

Also, I hated reading the review on the 1.2's :D

Gordon

Hi Gordon:

When just using the F110's, I have them placed on the same plane as the CLX's, just inside the speakers, with the F110's front face about 6" back from the inner corner of the CLX.

That works very well in my room!

That works very well in my room!

And that is really the key point to be made in regards to this issue, I think. Placement of subs is much less dependent on associated equipment than it is on room interactions. Low Bass frequencies are highly interactive with the room boundaries in ways that the mids and highs are not, and because of that, the size, shape, and acoustical properties of the room are going to impact the ideal location for a sub (any sub, with any associated components) more than anything else.

Back