MartinLogan Motion Series coming soon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SL6? No such speaker exists, or ever will. We didn’t have any presence at the "THE SHOW" so we don’t know what that refers to. Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio did have a pair of Summit X on the new Mystere amp and we heard good things about that.

Our intention was to show 2 new ESL models to our dealers, but we ended up only showing 1 (The other just wasn't ready in time). Since we wanted feedback from our existing dealer base, we had a private suite so where off the beaten path. CES gives us a great opportunity to see most of our international distributors so they can have some input before a product is 100% ready to go. To put the kibosh on any wild rumors, these are EVOlutionary product, with technology and refinements that build on an already phenomenal sound platform. This new model falls somewhere between the Vista and Spire--final pricing and specs aren't finished yet, which is why you won't see anything official in print about them for a few months.

After we put the finishing touches on this product, you'll be the first to know all the details, I promise :)

Thanks to a few forum members that stopped by the suite. They got to demo the new Motion Series, and pick Peter Soderberg's uber-gearhead brain about all thing MartinLogan!

Here are some shots from CES - the new ESL (codename:101) has a custom flamed teak wood finish we made for CES that looks spectacular. We were giving demos of the Motion 10 & 12 towers, and had the Motion 2, 4, 6 & 8 out for people to touch.

~Justin

Attachments

• 101-finish.jpg
    101-finish.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 493
  • towers.jpg
    towers.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 558
  • full-room.jpg
    full-room.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 490
COOL.. thanks for the update Justin ! ;)

Could you in anyway comment on whether the woofer module will be an active solution (a la Spire, Vantage, ) or will it return to a passive solution, or perhaps a hybrid of active with a passive bypass option ???

Just curious ! :D

Justin, my mistake mentioning an unsubstantiated model name I came across on a popular site. I had no intention of spreading false information.

For those like me that follow every MartinLogan product introduction, new developments are always interesting. The Motion series is another creative direction to be considered. When available, I will visit my dealer to hear and check the specs on the 10. Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the update indeed! My guess the "101" uses the same panel as the Spire (or a very similar one), but lacks the powered driver.

hey justin:

sorry I missed you at the show, tried a few times but you were swamped!

Glad to hear that!!

I am not a twitter user, but I AM a Facebook user and I get Facebook posts from what I thought was Officially Martin Logan. The FB post also indicated two new ESL models would be introduced at CES, and something about stopping by their VIP area. If those aren't from ML, they sure look and seem to be "official."

7.1 soround for cheap, compared to ESL

Well, 40 years ago I did have AMT.

Bose sells a lot of acoustimass and AMT's were always great drives.

I was looking for some bang for the buck speakers for 7.1. "Voiced like" our ESLs may be a great deal for very affordable speakers with a much higher WAF/SAF.

But I have issue with the ESL inspired statement about the tweeter development.

Bruce

Back