Anthony Gallo 3.1 or ReQuest?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter_Klim

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my ReQuests (and Sequel 2, Stage, Fresco i for HT use) but I am wondering about the Anthony Gallo speakers. Would they be better then the ReQuests in my small apt living room (11" X 15")? Or maybe put the Sequels in the living room instead?

I never play music louder than about 70 dBs. I don't have to worry about WAF so I can do anything to the room like room treatment. I listen to rock, dance, jazz, blues...if any of this helps...and yes, I will listen to them this weekend. But just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks in advance!

wow - yes, I listened to the Gallo Ref 3s several years back... This will definitely be a 'let your ears be your guide' type of thing. I have Odysseys - so keep that in mind - and have never heard sequels...

The 3s (not the 3.1) - have a thicker sound - a huge soundstage (horizontal) - and dissappear like nobody's business. to me -- they kind of image like a mini monitor. But, they add a thicker sound to the lower mids. An example would be, when an acoustic guitar is plucked. On the Gallos - that pluck actually sounds a bit heavier. Now, you might like that - and I really like the way they sounded - but they were different sounding.

You will walk away, I think, wondering which sound you like better, The gallo - or your logans. For me, I stayed with my Odysseys - because from a transparency / image height / detail presentation, I don't think the logans can be beat.... But, the Gallos, for example, really do give a presence in the room.... and i think they would be fine in a small room... however, since I think they give off more low end, you then might be fighting boomy bass/mids in that room.

Latest posts

Back