what center channel?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeb

Reaction score
Well, I've had a set of ML Summit's for about a year now. I've been strictly 2 channel for a long time. I decided to get back into home theatre and went overboard and bought a new 50" Samsung Plasma HDTV. I am using an old set of Vandersteens 2ci's for rears but need a center. I was thinking of picking up a used Cinema as they are much more reasonable priced. Anybody care to offer their 2 cents on that idea? Have you guys tried other brand centers that you like equally or better than a matching ML? thanks. jb

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Stage very much, specially with Summits, same Xtat panel and time aligned tweeter with the panel. It offers a lot of high-end sound with very little coloration over all. This is my liking, and not necessary yours...happy listening,
Roberto.

M-L Center Channel

I like the Stage very much, specially with Summits, same Xtat panel and time aligned tweeter with the panel. It offers a lot of high-end sound with very little coloration over all. This is my liking, and not necessary yours...happy listening,
Roberto.

I agree with Roberto. I had the Stage and Summit combination for several years and they had perfect synergy. The blend was seamless and suggest that M-L designed the Stage with the Summits in mind.

Don't know about other center channels. I am using the Stage with my Summits also. They work well together.

If you look at my system, you'll see that home theater is a big part of its identity. I've had my ML Theater center since 2002 when I picked it up with some Ascents, and kept it when I upgraded to Summits back in 2007. When I listen to music I only have the Summits enabled, but I'm quite happy with the Theater's performance for HT. You could probably pick up a good used Theater for an excellent price on Audiogon.

Last edited:
Motif vs Stage

I am thinking of upgrading to the stage from the motif. Does anyone have an experience with the motif?

I'm using the Motif with my Summits, and VERY happy with it. It has a smaller form factor than the Stages, but tonality-wise matches the Summits very well, and puts out more than adequate SPL's for movies and concert DVD's. I just have mine sitting on the included rubber feet on top of my A/V credenza, not even using the included swivel base option. While it's possible to wall-mount it, I don't think ML offers an adjustable wall-mount to "aim" it up or down, like the Stage has. If you have enough space, or absolutely need to swivel wall-mount the center, then definitely go for the Stage.

Last edited:
Hello,
I am using the Stage with my Vantages and Vista Surround Speakers with a Depth Subwoofer. I really have been pleased with the Stage and think it sounds great,
Cheers,
ML

Back