Problem with my ML Dynamo Subwoofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssbaudi

Reaction score
Hello MLC!

I have a ML Dynamo that has developed a problem. After returning from a vacation, I popped in a movie and there was no sound coming out of the sub. I checked the fuse, and it had blown. I replaced the fuse and flicked the power switch on but, to my surprise, it blew the fuse instantly. It did the same with 3 more attempts.

Is the amp on the unit blown? Thats the only thing I can think of that would cause the blown fuses.

Help/Info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Sounds as though you had power problems when you were gone. Call your dealer or ML and arrange for service. Do check your other electronics. Including any surge suppressors you may have.

Good luck

I had the same exact problem with my Dynamo. It happen when I plugged the sub in a different wall socket, it blew a fuse and continued to blow fuses.
I took the sub into my local ML dealer and they found that the power board was toast. They fix it for $150.00 (out of warranty) Works great had not had any issues sense. Hope tis helps.

Hello,
It definitely sounds like the board. However, it is certainly worth a call to Martin Logan Customer Service. Jim Power and the rest of the crew truly are fantastic. I would definitely call them. Sorry that your Dynamo has failed you. It is especially cruel that you were on vacation when it happened.

You didn't have anyone Housesitting did you? Perhaps a friend/family member who likes to listen at high volumes?
Cheers,
ML

Thanks for the replies!

I assumed it was the board as well, and after explaining the situation to ML they confirmed that. I shipped my board out to them on wednesday and they said it will cost 100 bucks if its just the power supply (crossing my fingers!) because it is out of warranty. We didnt have any housesitters so I'm just assuming we had some sort of power surge. I normally have everything plugged into a surge protector but the sub wasnt as it was placed in the back of the room. Won't be making that mistake again!

I had same problem, except they wanted $200 for a replacement Power supply for my original Dynamo. Its a simple SMPS PS that probably cost all of $30. I chose to get another sub. While a good sub when it worked, just not worth another $200 to me...

Latest posts

Back