Amp upgrade part II

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yngvithor

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just upgraded my Prologue Two integrated amp yesterday and I am in heaven again :) I upgraded it to Primaluna Dialogue Two and WOW what a difference, they really opened my Vantage speakers. It´s incredible like I have total different speakers now, I mean I was very happy with the Prologue Two and been using it for a year now, but as some who read my previous post when I tried the Prologue Three and Six I can safely say that the Dialogue Two is far superior to them. It seams that the Dialogue Two have a lot more power altho they are rated the same in Watt as the Prologue Two. Since last night I have been going thru my whole cd and LP collection to hear it in a whole new light :)

I also bought a Pro-ject Ground it Deluxe 1 ( it´s a base under hi-fi equipment ). I bought it for my Pro-ject Comfort III turntable, but then I tried it under the dialogue and I got a lot better results there. It seamed that the amp got more power and better focus and sharpness. So I am keeping it under my amp instead of the turntable :)

Well I just wanted to post my findings so that maybe others can find the information useful and of course to share my excitement since my wife stopped listened to me after the first 3 hours of testing :D

I will post pics tomorrow.

Back to spend time with my newfound love :music:

Last edited:
pictures

here are the pics :)

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 239
Congrats on your 'new found love' , it's always great to see / hear when a change in gear gets one all 'jazzed' up about re-listening to everything in their collection !

BTW, I like your fancy 'corner bass trap' ! .......what make / vintage of table radio is that ?

that old thing is a Telefunken Concertino 6, an old tube radio that my wife got from her grandmother. It´s from 1940 something :) but it still got a good warm tube sound and it´s sounds like radio should sound in my opinion hehe

Yup - nice room & system. Decidedly non-American decor.

Must get myself an old tube radio... off to look right now, in fact.

What's so "non American" about the decor? It's a nice room with a large window and hardwood floors. There's plenty of that here.

Anyway, if your liking the DiaLogue, get your hands on a set of EAT KT88's! Expensive, but it will transform the amp...

What's so "non American" about the decor? It's a nice room with a large window and hardwood floors. There's plenty of that here.

Anyway, if your liking the DiaLogue, get your hands on a set of EAT KT88's! Expensive, but it will transform the amp...

It's not that typical in the US based member systems section... and it is essentially a Scandinavian look, I think, but let's not argue, hey?

Jeff is right about the EATs, but check the warranty terms, cos the filaments can break quickly. I know, I've been through quite a few of them.

EAT KT88 look expensive :) almost as much as the amp it self. I don´t think I have the guts to buy them, also because they are tubes and I know that tubes don´t last forever or maybe I am wrong about those tubes.

They just seam to fragile for me to invest in, hehe

Do they really transform the sound to that much better ?

Latest posts

Back