New Vantages need power amp. Krell KAV 250a?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eheckscher

Reaction score
I got a too-good deal on a pair of Vantages, and as I await their arrival, I must begin the search for a suitable amp. I have read great reviews of the Krell KAV-250a, and wondered if anyone had experience with this combination. I am looking for something with high stability in the high frequency/impedance areas, and Krell seems to do that as well as anyone. I'm mainly interested in solid state, and listen to classical music.

Advice appreciated!

-Erich

Last edited:
Simaudio would work great too at low impedance. I think you could get by with a W-7 Evolution amp . See at www.simaudio.com
Cheers

I am looking for something with high stability in the lower impedance areas, and Krell seems to do that as well as anyone. I'm mainly interested in solid state.

Advice appreciated!

-Erich

Congrats ! FWIW it's the high impedence points that crave the most stability with our M/L's , as for your Vantages with their built-in ampflification for the Bass drivers you will be fine. FWIW, I am of the belief that a 'stable amp is a stable amp' throughtout the audible freq range.

Great! Another member from MD! Welcome Erich, there are quite a few of us here. Have you been to the audio shop on St. Elmo St? Drop by and meet Joe, he has a nice selection of gear there.

Gordon

Yes, we have enough MD/DC area folks here for our own sub-club. Welcome!

Latest posts

Back