Ever have one of those nights???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Tonight I swore Ray Charles was in my room singing. I had the CLS warmed up all day as the kids were at the uncles house tonight. I was groving with some great tunes and it was just good! The moment, the silence between songs. Ray and his vocals were amazing through the CLS. Sometimes Im still amazed at the sound and at the fact "IM HAPPY " with it. Could it have been the imbibing ?? :food12:May be but life is good tonight ! Rock on to you all. :music:

tonight i swore ray charles was in my room singing. I had the cls warmed up all day as the kids were at the uncles house tonight. I was groving with some great tunes and it was just good! The moment, the silence between songs. Ray and his vocals were amazing through the cls. Sometimes im still amazed at the sound and at the fact "im happy " with it. Could it have been the imbibing ?? :food12:may be but life is good tonight ! Rock on to you all. :music:

I LOVE THOSE NIGHTS!!!

Have fun.

It is one of the great things once all the kids have moved out and the house is truely quiet, except for the tunes and the clinking of ice in a glass.

One Christmas season I was listening to Reference Recordings' "Star of Wonder" and I swear I could smell the candles in the church.

one time while listening to Eda James thought the same very 3d sounding all around you .I love my cls iiz.:music:

Yeah I remember one of those nights.

One night had some friends bring over their STR Piezo Electric Super Tweeters which we placed on top of the 4 Big JBLs. Cranked it up with Black Sabbath on a QX949 in quad and it was magical, I not only heard things that I never heard before, I could actually feel the music.......turned out I felt the pounding by our landlord breaking down the front door on his way to evicting us for playing music too loud.......but I still remember that night....especially the ride to jail when my roomate, in the dark attacked whoever was coming through the doorway after the door was knocked off it's hinges.

Listening to Black Sabbath in the pitch black with a landlord in a black humor.

Yeah, that was one of those nights.:D

Strange thing is though, it is always at night.

Anyone ever had one of these experiences in the day? I haven't.

I often have them in the early morning - that's why I started the "Sunday Morning Music" thread a few years ago. I usually get up before the sun is up and go down to the music room to spin some music before the rest of the family is up. I had one of those moments this morning in fact listening to Haydn's "Paris Symphonies". It was awesome.

I think that post would be, "Ever have one of those Days?" and that would be an entirely different experience.

I often have them in the early morning - that's why I started the "Sunday Morning Music" thread a few years ago. I usually get up before the sun is up and go down to the music room to spin some music before the rest of the family is up. I had one of those moments this morning in fact listening to Haydn's "Paris Symphonies". It was awesome.
What a blessed way to start the day. I too have had the day start with music of joy. I just cant do it as often in the AM with kids. Its time to get things done before the kid day starts/ I did play some Copeland:music: this Am though !

Could it have been the imbibing
I had to look that word up.:eek:

Drinking even a little affects the hearing, and affects the balance of the inner ear too, which is why people in bars tend to talk very loudly and wobble when they walk.

Good tunes are like a mini vacation, a real stress breaker. Have fun.

Yup.. gotta love those "moments" .. sometimes they are fleeting for sure.

As for it happening later at night, some have suggested that it's due to lots of "stuff" being off the electrical grid. The power tends to be cleaner.
I find it true for Sunday mornings for sure ! the space is quieter, and most industries and businesses aren't drawing on the grid.

Magic Moments

Tonight I swore Ray Charles was in my room singing. I had the CLS warmed up all day as the kids were at the uncles house tonight. I was groving with some great tunes and it was just good! The moment, the silence between songs. Ray and his vocals were amazing through the CLS. Sometimes Im still amazed at the sound and at the fact "IM HAPPY " with it. Could it have been the imbibing ?? :food12:May be but life is good tonight ! Rock on to you all. :music:

While I don't do serious listening late at night-usually too tired-I find that Sunday mornings are a great time. As a vinyl junkie, I put on a favorite disc like Sheila Jordan's "Sheila" -just a voice and acoustic bass or Bill Evans/Tony Bennett's eponymous duo recital or Rostropovitch's incredible disc of Benjamin Britten's Suites for Cello. Small scale recordings just come alive in a good listening room and M-L ESLs remove the veils between the performers and you. See my system #308

Back