CLX speaker mains power inlet Question .....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PartTimeJedi

Those of you that have CLXs please, do you know if due to the angle of the mains input on the back of the speaker being at an angle, can you still use a wattgate plug in like the below? Thanks

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 170
  • img481f875f8b0bf.jpg
    img481f875f8b0bf.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 200509290202323.jpg
    200509290202323.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I just checked and there does not seem to be any problem with using a wattgate plug like the one you posted, it is very similar to the one I am using.

And the angle leaves it wide open for a number of power cords, although the one that comes stock with the CLX is pretty beafy by itself.

so did you guys loose the power cords that came with your speakers???

so did you guys loose the power cords that came with your speakers???

Not exactly, I just got my copy of In the Court of the Crimson King in 5.1 MLP Lossless Audio and while playing 21st Century Schizoid Man the CLXs burned the stock power cords up.:D:D

The iec is at a 90 degree angle at the point it enters the speaker imo just about any 15 amp plug should work.
To answer fish man I was already using Synergistic Research T3's on my previous Prodigy's and never did try the supplied power cords but as noted they are much better looking than your usual supplied PC's

My system: http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169

Thanks for checking JMAUSGP, appreciated.

By the way, when you look at the picture of the back of the CLX that you posted, there are two angled indentations. The one that looks like it has something protruding out is the speaker posts. The second angled indentation that is closer to the center of the speaker is where the power plug goes. It is unemcumbered by anything else and should work with just about any power cord, even a stiff one.

And I would add that CLXs will rock your world. I discover something new almost every time I experience them, make sure you spend time just enjoying them as apposed to spending to much time or money tweaking them:D

Back