buzzing right speaker panel,cls zii

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htrattner

Reaction score
:rocker::rocker:hi everyone ,I do have a ?,,,, my r- cls on certain low /bass passages at high volumes sometimes buzzs and I read in your posts about either heat treatment or tape as a fix.please help Im not that bright and dont want to screw thing up ... as for the rest of the sound ,wow no complaints ...can someone walk me threw this and can I use a hair dryer cuz I dont have a heat gun ,and how long is the treatment done for ...thanks Harry Ca

you probably have the internal damping tape coming loose. the "tape as a fix" is after you remove the loose packing tape. how to remove the internal damping tape has been described a few times here, should be easy to search out.

This may seem very simplistic but I had a "buzz" coming from my left Aerius at higher levels and during deep bass passages. I tapped the panels and the bass driver enclosure and the buzz was quite evident on hard taps. I truly believed it was coming from the panel but the panel was not loose. My next thought was the buzzing was coming from the bass enclosure so I laid the speaker on the floor to see how I could open it up for inspection. It was at this time that I noticed that one of the spikes had worked itself loose, probably, from constantly adjusting the toe in/out (I'm new to ML's having bought these in July of this year). I tightened up the spike and haven't experienced the buzz since. YMMV.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back