cls zii speaker stands ,where to get them???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htrattner

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,hope all is good and you had a great turkey day!! I have to questions ,#1 where can i get the speaker stands for my cls zii and the other question #2 I am interested in the jolida jd 3000 (200wtt /ch mono blck tube amp) to go with my jolida envoy pre amp and cd player ,and replace my wyred 4 sound ice amp 250 wtt/ch ss amp any comments or suggestions .thanks Harry ,ca :music:

look up Sound Anchors on the web with a search they have them

Good luck

Hi everyone ,hope all is good and you had a great turkey day!! I have to questions ,#1 where can i get the speaker stands for my cls zii and the other question #2 I am interested in the jolida jd 3000 (200wtt /ch mono blck tube amp) to go with my jolida envoy pre amp and cd player ,and replace my wyred 4 sound ice amp 250 wtt/ch ss amp any comments or suggestions .thanks Harry ,ca :music:

I've got the Jolida JD 1000RC (100wpc) integrated tube amp powering my Aerius and have heard it and the Jolida Envoy mono amps powering some MBLs and I really liked them both, but the Envoy was exceptional. The JD 3000 is the amp between those two (actually, I think it is an Envoy without the upgraded parts and cabinetry, though I like its looks better) and should be awesome! I say go for it!

Last edited:
There are a number of threads that discuss the stand subject. Opinions abound. Short story is that the Sound Anchor are probably the best. To me they are butt ugly, but if I ever get a pair of CLS'....

I agree that the Sound Anchors are not that good looking. I also think they are way to expensive for what they made of and to me the height is wrong.

I would explore a DIY approach because then you will get exactly what you want. Just my opinion.

Jeff:cool:

Sound "ANCHORS" Are just that anchors. Terrible height and poor design !

Interesting Comments...

First of all, yes I agree that they are BUTT UGLY.

However that aside, I find that they perform the task that they are intended for amazingly well. First of all, I experimented with speaker height even before buying the stands and came to the exact same height relative to my listening position as the stands do. So, I disagree with the assertion that they are the incorrect height. The separation of the panel from the electronics box is another great idea and another reason to applaud the Sound Anchor design.

The side bracing is both ugly and troubling from the aspect of having to screw into the wood frame, thereby damaging it. However, the bracing is definitely needed in order to maintain rock steady imaging and in my opinon it makes sense to do it this way vs. the approach taken by others because it offers the best rigidity.

Of course, YMMV. Just my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Ray

Latest posts

Back