New to the forum... and ML... and audio in general

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hocky

Reaction score
Looks like a nice forum here... I look forward to poking around for info. I have no audio experience or back ground at all, just started moving toward it last week. lol. Here I am, though, and I am already enjoying it.

I went to out last Sunday intending to search for a replacement driver for my subwoofer, but instead decided that it was time to start moving into high end equipment. Here we are, 7 days later, and I have a full 5.1 Martin Logan set up. I am still running my old receiver w/o any external amplification, but it powers them surpisingly well (luckily, the speakers and receiver are both rated for 4ohm). I will upgrade to a good preamp / amp(s) combo before too long, but I'll have to recover from these purchases first. lol. I am already pretty happy with the combo after getting it all reasonably dialed in yesterday. We were worried about the acoustics of the room due to the layout that was necessary, but it turned out to not be a huge problem. I am not a huge music person, but the experience is incredible.... if you're not familiar with high end equipment (like I wasn't), the sound hits you in a way that you've never experienced before. In theatre mode, we did some testing with the opening scenes of Transformers 2 and wow.... really good. I guess I am going to have to compile a list of favorite music and scenes to show off the system now. :)

Don't mind the wires everywhere in the pictures... I haven't run them properly yet. haha.

Martin Logan Aerius i electrostatic L&R front panel speakers connected with some Analysis Plus Oval 9 speaker cables, ML Abyss 12" subwoofer, ML vignette center channel (Plans are to change this one out for a ML cinema i center channel... electrostat ftw)

DSC02165.jpg

And ML Vignette rear L&R:

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

We had some fun in AudioSolutions (a local high end gear store) yesterday playing with $100k+ combos. Unreal how expensive some of this stuff can get.

Welcome to the club! Nice system you've got started there! I agree with the pre/amp idea. I'm sure you'll hear ideas from some of the other Aerius owners as well.

this post should be in the MEMBER SYSTEMS area. Edit your original post to meet the requirements in the MEMBER SYSTEMS area and then I'll move this post the that part of the forum.

thanks.

Welcome - yes, this is a nice forum and you look like you have a nice system. Looking forward to your contribution...

Back