CLX in Toronto

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereoman

Reaction score
I attended an open house at Audio Excellence, a stereo shop in the suburbs of Toronto. A representative of the Canadian distributor for MartinLogan, Terry Richardson, was on hand to discuss and demo the CLX. I arrived early so I could have a few minutes listening in the sweet spot. As you can see in the photo the speakers were driven by monster McIntosh amps. Terry was fun to talk to, and was interested in hearing about our MartinLogan Owners club.
I will echo what has been said before, these speakers are amazing. The thing that stood out most for me was the quality of the base frequencies, and the seamless integration of the base with the midrange.
After the room filled with people I headed down to the first floor to sample the wine and cheese, and to talk to the store owner, Adrian Low, and his knowledgeable staff.
The second part of the evening was a discussion with Stereophile reviewer Robert Deutsch. The hour went by quickly as Robert spoke about the process of selecting and reviewing audio equipment. He is very personable and came across as a man of principle.
It was a great evening and I met a few MartinLogan owners who I plan to invite over to my place for some enjoyable music.
Bill.

Attachments

• clx_at_audio_excellence.jpg
    clx_at_audio_excellence.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Very cool Bill.. I have been in that room any times.. auditioned Summits and Spires there. On my last visit, the had the CLX in but they were not hooked up yet. Love the Logan/Mac combos!
I may try and drop by in the next week or so but we're closing on a townhouse this week.. may not be able to pull it off.

MAC's MC-2301...I am generally not a tube person but I heard them with the Wilson Sasha's at Audible Elegance in Cincinnati:music:

Back