San Antonio/Austin area gathering?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorToad

Reaction score
I'm going to be in San An from tgiving to xmas, wondering if anyone wants to have a social/listening party.

I'm open for a get together. This could be many or just Motortoad. Hopefully I can have my big horns finished in time. I'm applying Deft lacquer in several coats before I sand and polish them.

Be sure to bring some of your favorite music.

I'm up in Austin but I'm always up for a short trip to hear some tunes and check out some gear.
Luthor - I was at your house a while ago (Jan 2008), I believe you've moved since. It was a Bottlehead meet if I remember correctly. Had a great time. How's that Ben Harper Lifeline CD?

Count me in. I'm like Mike, in that I'm up in Austin but I'm always up for a short trip to hear some tunes and check out some gear.

Great! Sounds like a plan, then. I really don't know what my schedule's going to be like. My main goals are tutoring (a friend's reaching finals in college and fizzix is kicking his ass) and job hunting (Florida can stuff it). I'm hoping to wander Austin way while I'm there, too, but right now it'd be shaky to try to schedule anything.

GEEZR, we might be able to strike up a short convo over bikes and local roads, too... :D

Last edited:
Great! Sounds like a plan, then. I really don't know what my schedule's going to be like. My main goals are tutoring (a friend's reaching finals in college and fizzix is kicking his ass) and job hunting (Florida can stuff it). I'm hoping to wander Austin way while I'm there, too, but right now it'd be shaky to try to schedule anything.

GEEZR, we might be able to strike up a short convo over bikes and local roads, too... :D

Bikes? Did somebody say bikes? Yeah, I've been known to discuss bike stuff a little.;)

Do you want something short and sweet one evening or do a full afternoon on the weekend? Weekday evenings are open except for Wednesday. The next two Sundays are also open.

Don't forget to bring your music. I'm always on the lookout for new tunes.

For what it's worth - I'll try to make whatever you guys decide on. Maybe a carpool from Round Rock...Steve??

Still open - let me know what you would like. I can do more than one, if that better meets the needs for small groups or even individuals that would like to stop by. I'm always open for audio! :music:

I think anytime after Wednesday would be great. I won't have any of my favorite music, though, as luggage didn't allow it. :-(

The 16th, Wednesday, is out for me, but I should be ok for the 17th through the 21st. Mike, yeah let's carpool. Your turn to come to my house, though!:D

I suspect many are still working, so are we looking at some evening or do you want to do something this weekend?

I'd prefer the weekend, say Saturday late morning/early afternoon. But - I'd be able to make it any time except for Thursday night (my kid's got a hockey game).

I'd be happy to pick you up and carpool, Steve. Checking out Luthor's gear and saving the planet at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your system, Luthor. Very generous of you to offer.

Ok chime in here guys. I can do a

A) Saturday from 11am to 4pm because we are having a dinner party at 7pm.

B) Sunday from 12 noon to 6pm.

So what's it going to be?

I'm OK for Sunday as well, Saturday is OK too.

Motortoad - If you want me to bring something specific let me know, since you're on the road without tunes and all. I can email you my music list if you PM me.

SUNDAY ! SUNDAY ! SUNDAY ! Smokin Alamo...sorry wrong commercial, but Sunday at Noon it is. If you're in town a little early that's fine too. If you want to bring any music, gear, speakers, what not; bring it on. I'll have some food, some libations, lots of gear and music. Come and go, as you please, this will be a very informal afternoon of fun.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

email [email protected] for directions

Back