Forbes article on audiophile quality sound!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see the big box stores "big box whores" die out and the specialty stores rise up once again.

I would like to see the big box stores "big box whores" die out and the specialty stores rise up once again.

Why? The BBS serve a function that the boutique store never served. Best Buy appeals to a TOTALLY different clientele than the boutique store. I doubt that the guy buying Krell or CJ isn't going into BB to shop prices. The high end struggles because people don't see the value in what we love, high quality sound.

Why? The BBS serve a function that the boutique store never served. Best Buy appeals to a TOTALLY different clientele than the boutique store. I doubt that the guy buying Krell or CJ isn't going into BB to shop prices. The high end struggles because people don't see the value in what we love, high quality sound.

Personally, I think the real issue is that people see value -- they just don't see THAT MUCH value- even among audiophiles.... amps @ 10-15K / speakers from 15K on up.... For me, the issue isn't that I don't value the great sound...its that I don't see the value in paying that much money when I can buy used and get it for 1/2 price or lower. That, to me - is value, getting a great product for a price that I can at least TRY to justify. The prices they charge are insane for some of this product. My system retail is 20K... I purchased it for a still insane cost of 11K... and to me that is value and money well spent... But, to 99.9% of the population - the 11K I spent was absolutely crazy...and I have a problem.... Well, I do..... :)

Latest posts

Back