Auto shut-off / switch-on broken (Aerius)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboRob

Reaction score
One of my Aerius speakers is not switch-off anymore. Is this a common problem and if so is there a common fix? Are any schematics (circuit diagrams) available so I can dig into it myself?

regards,
Rob

One of my Aerius speakers is not switch-off anymore. Is this a common problem and if so is there a common fix? Are any schematics (circuit diagrams) available so I can dig into it myself?

regards,
Rob
Hola RoboRob...sometimes the culprit of that problem is not the speaker. Disconnect the cable and look again. Remember you have to wait sometime to turn itself off. It is a capacitor-resistor timer, and could vary this time, due to capacitance. There are ground loops that could activate the circuit and make it to stays on...now, why the other speaker is not doing it?...could be because only that channel might have that problem. If the speaker is the problem, then contact ML service dept. They will guide you to solve it with no problem...happy listening,
Roberto.

Disconnect the cable and look again. Remember you have to wait sometime to turn itself off. It is a capacitor-resistor timer, and could vary this time, due to capacitance. There are ground loops that could activate the circuit and make it to stays on...now, why the other speaker is not doing it?...could be because only that channel might have that problem.

Hi Roberto,

Unfortunately this isn't the problem. I left the speakers cables out all night but the speaker was still switched on. I dive into it with my multimeter later today to figure out what is going on...

regards,
Rob.

Latest posts

Back