electrcompanient amplifiers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repman

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with this amp and Martin Logans and if so are they a good match ?

thanks

Im sorry I should have included that info its the

AW250-R 250 watt per channel stereo amp from the Classic line

They're a great match with MLs I've used the AW220 monoblocks with Aeon i's and the Summits and Sonus Faber Cremonas. Last year I sold the AW220s and acquired a pair of Nemo monoblocks which have been used with the Cremonas, Summits and the CLSIIz.

For the last 2-3 years, the company didn't have much support for service in the US but that has changed significantly this past year with a major distributor now based in Oakland, California. I've dealt with them recently and they've been very responsive. Back when there was little to no U.S. service and support other than having to deal with company in Norway I wouldn't recommend Electrocompaniet, but fortunately that is become much better if you ever need product support.

My system is at its best with balanced cables but then it is fully balanced and designed for XLR use. The amps I've used don't even have RCA inputs and would have to use adapters for RCA. It will work just fine of course with RCA cables or adapters on the amps.

My music system currently consist of CLSIIz, Wadia 781i and a pair of Cary 845 Founders Edition monoblocks that are on loan from a friend. After this system has to come down for a Christmas tree and I get my room back, the Nemos are going back in.

I really like the aesthetics and sound of Electrocompaniet gear but they can be pricy and being imported from the Norway economy doesn't help.

My system does seem to change frequently and Sleepysurf suggested that I setup a live video feed on the members site so we could keep up with it :)
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1787

Last edited:
Craig and others thanks for the help

I heard these amps playing thru a CJ> CT-5 preamp and some some JM Lab Nova Utopias and the sound was fantastic they were using the Nemos

They are out of my price range so I was curious about the AW250 which is in the area I was thinking of spending on a new amp

They had one of the warmest most musical sound I can recall hearing in a long while

hey Larry......you trying to 'torture' me with that avatar .......?? LOL !

...They had one of the warmest most musical sound I can recall hearing in a long while

That's often said about EC gear. And I'm sure the CJ preamp, a good room and setup also contributed to it being warm and musical.

I got the 250-R
Owned it for over a year.

Perfect match for my new vantages.

Back