Vantages arrive tomorrow!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daz-b

Reaction score
After what seems like a decade of waiting (only about 3 weeks...).

My first ever pair of ML's arrive with me tomorrow (just been phoned to confirm delivery). Opted for the vantages (maple) as the spires were out of current budget.

Excited and nervous...........heard in a demo room (sounded great) but never at home. Never owned a pair of electrostats before and thus the nervous thoughts....They are taking the place of my most recent pair of speakers which are the ZU audio Druids.

Really looking forward to getting them plugged in and fired up. Understand that theres gonna be a good break in time and also finding the optimal position (in my limited area) is gonna take some time and trial and error. My initial plan is to simply get them 'roughly' positioned and then let it rip.

daz you'll love your Vantages for sure, great speakers, just be patient with set-up, don't be afraid to experiment and if you can keep them a min of 3-4 feet away from all walls I suspect you will be rewarded with some superb sound !

again......... Congrats !!

Congratulations on purchasing such a fantastic speaker.:rocker: As Dave said you will be greatly rewarded with proper speaker placement. Take your time and read up on the matter as you search the databases on this forum. Also, take some pictures of your new Vantage's and post them in the member's section when you get the time. We always love to see what others are doing with their setups. Most importantly though have fun and get your music ready to hear it again for the first time.:music:

Glen

Hi all!
Many thanks for the replies and welcomes. Yes their will be photos etc added once all is in and set up.
My main system consists of:
All Electrocompaniet
EMC1UP (CDP)
E.C 4.8 (PRE)
AW250-R (PWER)
ECD1 (DAC, used for DVD/Sat etc)

Rives PARC (parametric eq)

The Vantages will be used for both 2 channel music & also 2 channel AV.

Regarding placement this is going to be the biggest compromise on 'optimal' performance. My hifi room is also our main familly living room which sorry to say can not be modifed in its layout (I wont bore you with the details as to why; but its a wife thing.....). I definately will only be able to get 2ft behind (not an inch more) each panel. Side walls will be a min of 3ft away. Ive already got a couple of foam based acoustic panels which are located already directly behind the approx location of where the speakers will be placed. Had these panels (and a number of others for about 6months).
My room is not that big (sorry metric) approx: W3.3xL5xH2.3M. I HAVE to listen across the short width of the room which measures just 3.3M front to back. So you can see why I cant pull them out as far as I would like as they would be in the middle of the room with me sat on top of them.
Ive spent many hours already looking at the photos of members setups on this site and theres some fantastic setups.

I fully understand that its going to be my room and limited setup options that are going to be the weakest link in the chain. I am prepared for the compromise but will put the effort in to get the best poss sound in my room with what I have. Already have a number of acoustic wall mounted panels and a Rives PARC P-EQ unit (just in case); although hoping that I can do without the PARC and just use the 35Hz control of the vantages to dial out some of the peaks (50Hz is the worst for me).

Best wishes,
Daz

Their HERE!

Brief 'approx' set up for now to get them going and beginning the burn-in. Have found already I prefer a more upright rake.
Hope to take pics early next week when Ive finished / added a couple of things in here.

Aleady can tell Ive made the right choice in speaker .....phew

Hello,
Daz, congratulations. I have owned Vantages now for over almost 3 Years and still have no desire to upgrade. I think you will be shocked at how much better they sound as you find the best place for them in your room.

You have some excellent accompanying gear so I really think you are going to love them. Remember, give them at least 100 hours before making any real critical evaluation. At least for me, they really did start to open up as break in occurred.
Cheers,
ML

Send the missus to see her mum for a few days, so you can optimize the setup in your room (and take pics for us).

Back