Integrated Amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that you have the Sim, do you wish you had kept the Spires
and sold the Vantages? Did you buy the Sim new or used ? I bought
used but got lucky...it's flawless.

Tough call. Given my room dimensions, I'm likely better off w/the Vantages. Speaking of - I wonder when ML plans to replace.

Ha! - new Sims are too rich for my blood. Picked up both on the 'gon. absolutley flawless - nary a scratch anywhere. Seen the latest offerings? They've now a smaller integrated (600i) and a new transport w/USB input (750D).

Tough call. Given my room dimensions, I'm likely better off w/the Vantages. Speaking of - I wonder when ML plans to replace.

Ha! - new Sims are too rich for my blood. Picked up both on the 'gon. absolutley flawless - nary a scratch anywhere. Seen the latest offerings? They've now a smaller integrated (600i) and a new transport w/USB input (750D).

you bought a 700i ? curious....how much on Agon ?

i think it'll be a long while before i buy any more stereo equipment...i'm set for now and tired of spending $.....may sell something, but won't buy.

its like recording gear, at some point you have to draw the line.

Check out the Accuphase E450, there are heaps of reviews. It's a great match for my Summits.

Just for info, the Bryston B100 is rated at 100 watts per channel, but according to the spec sheet its 125 watts.....

Hey guys - I'm considering purchasing a pair of Vantages soon but I don't think I'm financially ready to invest in separates for them, which I would like to do eventually. Any suggestions on certain integrated amps that power Logans well? I had my eye on the Ayre AX-7e.
There's a nice integrated CODA ( read innersound, Sanders, threshhold) on a-gon up for sale. Grab it!

I can wholeheartedly recommend McIntosh power for MLs. I have Vantages and my MA6500 really sounds good with them. I had it out of the system to get the lights replaced and was using a Rotel amp. It was lackluster at best. It was muffled and lacking detail and expression. With the Mc it is so open and detailed with good solid bass and mid range. I was very happy to get the Mc back and I just so happen to be enjoying it now. For your edification, I like my music alive and open. I don't care for rolled off highs. And yhou won't get that with the Mc. Check out the A'gon for some great choices. And good luck in the search.

As a side note, I took out the adjusters on the front spikes on my Vantages, which helped me get the panels 90* and I have them set at 3" from the inside (flash light set up). I really like the imaging and openness of this set up. I think I remember Gordan G. mentioning they are also 2-3 DB louder as well. I can verify that. Anyway, have fun searching. And let us know what you do.

Back