Sequel II and HT questions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvitez

Reaction score
Yes, I have the price of a nice car "invested" in my 2 channel system, and still no HT. :) I have a 15 year old RCA rear projection TV that won't die, a regular DVD player and a 15 year old VCR that still works as new. Can't complain about those purchases!

Anyway, we're planning on finishing the basement, which would allow me tot move the RPTV there, which leads me to think of HT. I've collected a bit of gear over the years, and wondered how this would work.

1. My old Sequel II's are boxed up, couldn't bring myself to sell after getting the Summits. Would they make a good front speaker for HT? I would be using them for some 2 channel listening also, but mostly HT there.

2. I have an eVo4 Bel Canto, plus a Classe Seventy power amp.. Would it be reasonable to use the Classe for the Sequel II's, and eVo4 for centre/rears? I'd only be planning on 5.1. I could bi-amp the Sequels with the eVo4, but then the Classe is extra as I'd need a 3 channel amp.

3. How about starting with only 4.1? Just the Sequel II's and buy 2 rear speakers. The bi-amp eVo4 option would work then.

I've read quite a bit about HT, but since I've never actually purchased/set-up any of it I appreciate any advice from experience ML-ers. Thanks!

Back