line of work

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaphod

Reaction score
more demographic fun.

what is your line of work?

if you're retired, use your previous line of work, although it would be interested to see how many people can retire if they buy ML equipment :)

I'm told that I am a Design Professional by my insurance company - Architect .

Electrical systems designer for an engineering consulting firm. Damm that sounds impressive :D I should say that all the time.

Professionnal fencing coach since 1976. I also worked as a computer consultant from 1987 to 2003.

High Voltage Installation Engineer.

I work on the Maintenance of Power Substations in buildings up to 66Kv,
Implementing Safety procedures,
and Staff Training.

Well I used to, Now I am retired, at 29 :eek:

I am now a House Dad for the last 6 years, and Look after our 18 month old Son, Lawrence.

Cheers
Steve

HK-Steve said:
High Voltage Installation Engineer.

I work on the Maintenance of Power Substations in buildings up to 66Kv,
Implementing Safety procedures,
and Staff Training.

Well I used to, Now I am retired, at 29 :eek:

I am now a House Dad for the last 6 years, and Look after our 18 month old Son, Lawrence.

Cheers
Steve

retired, at 29 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Self employed chimney sweep for the past 27 years. Last of 3 children graduates from college this May. Gee, maybe I can retire, too. :)
Bill

Bill Donnell said:
Self employed chimney sweep for the past 27 years. Bill
Hmmm, a couple of years ago i had a squirrel fall down the chimney and get stuck on the damper. i only fell of the roof once :)

zaphod said:
Hmmm, a couple of years ago i had a squirrel fall down the chimney and get stuck on the damper. i only fell of the roof once :)

Ouch...I've been lucky, knock on wood. Squirrels are great sales aids - nothing like a dead, stinkin squirrel to promp a quick call to the chimney sweep. A cleaning and a stainless steel cap sale to prevent further occurances is practically guaranteed. :)

Bill

Last edited:
Yep, You guessed it Peter. :cool:

My Wife works for Dow Chemical as a Global Supply and Packaging Manager.

Dow has relocated us from Melbourne-Australia, then put us in Hong Kong for 2 1/2 years, and now we are in Switzerland. We have been here for 2 1/4 years now, and another move to ShangHai is on the cards at the end of this year.

Cheers
Steve

Tyres

I'm head of Software Development for Euromaster (Supply / Distribution arm of Michelin Tyre in Europe).

Cheers,

David

Bill Donnell said:
Ouch...I've been lucky, knock on wood. Squirrels are great sales aids - nothing like a dead, stinkin squirrel to promp a quick call to the chimney sweep. A nice stainless steel cap sale to prevent further occurances is practically guaranteed. :)

Bill

i suspect that a dead squirrel is easier to get out via the damper than a live one would be.

for what it's worth, to get the live one out i dropped a 20' length of 1" rope down the chimney. he scrambled up the rope and out.

then i put wire mesh around the cap vents that were obviously squirrel size.

Latest posts

Back