Vinyl lovers, I need your help!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichTeer

Reaction score
As some of you know, I was downsized from my job last November. As a life-long vinyl lover, I've been thinking about launching my own freely downloadable, vinyl-centric magazine, and wanted to get an idea of its viability. To that end, I've put together a short confidential survey and I'd really appreciate it if some of you would take a couple of minutes to fill it out for me. The survey can be found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=zTMG41cqFPrJREZS5l0YFg_3d_3d.

Many thanks in advance!

i gave you a 'shot' Rich.........good luck !!

Thanks guys! And I owe Jeff (Tonepub) a nod of thanks too. He has been very helpful behind the scenes, answering many of my questions. Thanks, Jeff!

Rich,
You need more options in your survey.With only yes/no answers accepted, how can I answer "maybe".

Audio magazines on the web are a dime a dozen, and I read very few of them, and none of the ones that you have to download all 70 pages or so before you can read anything. But a vinyl oriented one would be of interest.

So I left one answer blank but the dumb thing wouldn't accept a blank and DEMANDED an answer - yet couldn't take a correction - so I bailed out.

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State)

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the feedback--it's much appreciated! Yeah, I guess on reflection a "Maybe" option would have been a good idea... There are other questions in the survey that are less restrictive in their answers, though.

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a survey for a freely-downloadable, vinyl-centric audio magazine. The survey has now closed, and I want to thank everyone who participated in it.

A few people have been curious to know the results, so here's a very brief summary. 143 people took the survey, and about 91% of the respondents stated that they would be interested in such a magazine. 86% of the respondents thought that my proposed bi-monthly publication schedule was about right.

The majority of respondents thought that reviews of turntables, tonearms, cartridges, phono stages, and records were very important; reviews of other audio gear (including, much to my surprise, digital sources) were deemed to be somewhat important.

My thanks again to everyone who responded to my survey! Assuming the stars align well, I'm going to make a go of it. I'll make an announcement when there's anything substantial to say; stay tuned!

Latest posts

Back