Buying Beatles Remasters- Mono or Stereo?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which remastered Beatles Box Set are you buying?

• Total voters

sleepysurf

Reaction score
For those of you who've bought, or plan on buying, the new Remastered Beatles Box Sets... are you getting the Mono or Stereo version, or both?

Perhaps I shouldn't respond because I haven't ordered, I just thought I'd make the point that I have heard it all so many times before I can't actually listen to it anymore... good though much of it undoubtedly is.

I haven't ordered yet either - basicall because I just don't actively listen to it enough to justify the extreme cost. Listen regularly - yes, but actively listen? - usually not. It just gets cranked up with friends, etc.

That - and I really REALLY have a problem with buying music I already own. Remastered or not.

Oh, and one more thing - I BET it will be released on vinyl some time too - enticing half of you to buy it yet again! ARRGH!

Last edited:
maybe if somebody gave me the sets for free I would listen when I got really bored.they are great musicians but I just really can't listen anymore.

Omni-Mono, Selected Stereo

For those of you who've bought, or plan on buying, the new Remastered Beatles Box Sets... are you getting the Mono or Stereo version, or both?

I ordered the Mono box just because most of the early stereo mixes were goddawful and I didn't think that remixing them would necessarily be an improvement-the old "lipstick on a pig" rationale. I selectively ordered the stereo releases just because there were only a few that I would listen to again, having had all of them on original vinyl 40+ years ago: Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, and Abbey Road. I long ago gave away the original CD reissues because they just didn't sound good. Given the time, effort, love, and research done on the new ones, I have fond hopes of getting back to the garden, if it ever existed in the first place.
At the very least, I will have some additional memorabilia in the box which I didn't have before, and, for one brief shining moment, when I put the silver discs in my Esoteric P-03/D-03/G-ORb stack and sit in front of my CLX's, I can pretend that I am 21 all over again.

My wife went nuts when I told her I was planning to order both. So I bought the stereo mixes. They DO sound wonderful!

My wife bought the stereo set as gift. The early pieces are basically mono and I can tell that the Fab 4 were experimenting. As the collection progresses, I can hear the gradual fine tuning and is a pleasure to here the development of the mixing.

Gordon

Back