will panhandle for turntable

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rvega003

Reaction score
Looking for some advice in the search for an inexpensive used turntable that won't seem out of place next to my Logan's (aesthetically and more important acoustically). Budget is around $200 (quest for new pre-amp has majority of current audio expense budget tied up), so Rega, project, vpi might be out. Looking for opinions on older 80's era thorens and dual turntables, as well as thoughts on Yamaha Linear tracking units (seen a couple locally but read bad things about linear tracking). Any input on units not mentioned is also welcomed. Have access to a lot of old vinyl I would love to get acquainted with.

save a couple of more bucks and get a Technics 1200 mkII, the options for that table make it a winner for the $$ spent.

For 200 bucks? Get the Audio Technica AT-PL120

It's an SL-1200 clone, but a damn good one. Add a Shure M97
or a Grado black and you're rocking for under $300 total.

Save up a bit more money! You'll wait a bit longer, but the longer term results will reward your patience...

Rvega003

I have my beloved Thorens TD 125 MKII up for sale on 'Gon but it is a bit more than you are looking to spend but well worth the investment.

Jeff:cool:

Latest posts

Back