Last Nites news......

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave. It's nice to see others who don't think we're crazy!!:D As for CD's being remembered in this way many years from now, it's possible. However, they may be remembering cone speakers this way when ESL Panels take over!:rocker:

Glen

Ah records... I remember those. They are the things that had proper sized sleeve art, aren't they? And gave you the feeling you had actually bought something for your money? And 30 years later, still played, rather than became a coffee mat, or got themselves into a psychotic crazed infinate loop sonic attack?:ROFL:

OK so not strictly fair, but hey, they are records and we grew up with them. It's just nice to see the "cooler" of those in the younger generations are getting a taste of what we loved, and, at least in some cases, still love dearly...

Ah records... I remember those. They are the things that had proper sized sleeve art, aren't they? And gave you the feeling you had actually bought something for your money? And 30 years later, still played, rather than became a coffee mat, or got themselves into a psychotic crazed infinate loop sonic attack?:ROFL:

OK so not strictly fair, but hey, they are records and we grew up with them. It's just nice to see the "cooler" of those in the younger generations are getting a taste of what we loved, and, at least in some cases, still love dearly...

not to sidetrack this but why have we not seen any records made in china yet? or at least I have not. if the USA and Europeans can still make money on them certainly so could the Chinese all though the idea makes me cringe a bit.

not to sidetrack this but why have we not seen any records made in china yet? or at least I have not. if the USA and Europeans can still make money on them certainly so could the Chinese all though the idea makes me cringe a bit.

They would need to find working lathes, presses, and the skills to do it. Also the defect rate is pretty high and I don't know if the Chinese want to deal with that. Also would you want to ship priceless master tapes to China? I wouldn't!

:D Dave....on that final segment I couldn't decide which was warped - the platter or the vinyl....:D

I'm feeling seasick !! :D:D

Thanks for that......most encouraging and great to see shops filling up with vinyl again :music:.................Victor.

Latest posts

Back