So, I sees this old tv on the curb....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Yous guys... I gots me dis tv dat I found on da curb....Lots of tubes inside...circa 1965 or so RCA Victor.... Are these any good? (btw, that was my garbage collector guy talk.....) :) .... There are 25 total tubes in it / rca,sylvania gotta figure out what they are - I am not exactly an expert at this....

Have you found a tube tester to test them out? As far as identifying them, I'd just look for any identifying numbers on them and research the web. Once identified, do not use them in your gear,:eek: unless they've been tested.

(btw, that was my garbage collector guy talk.....) :) ....

funny...that's just the way Michael Vick sounded during his last interview ! and think he's supposedly College educated.....what a joke ! :ROFL:

Have you found a tube tester to test them out? As far as identifying them, I'd just look for any identifying numbers on them and research the web. Once identified, do not use them in your gear,:eek: unless they've been tested.

Ha!! good point... I am an idiot when it comes to tubes - and an 'obvious' point that you make was not necessarily so obvious to this newb.... where the heck do you find a tube tester? sure I could find it online -and I am sure they are overpriced..... anyone give any recommendations on tube dealers that offer good product at a fair price?

funny...that's just the way Michael Vick sounded during his last interview ! and think he's supposedly College educated.....what a joke ! :ROFL:

that's funny... given that i am in the computer industry - I have found that communication does not appear to be a valued commodity anymore. So, I guess my original post was probably better than most business emails many of us receive

Latest posts

Back