Michael Vick...reinstate ??????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Michael Vick be re-instated ?

• yes -reinstate this year

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • yes - but no earlier than 2010

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No - banish him to the "Dog Pound" in Cleveland

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Should Michael Vick be reinstated, if so, when...where do you think he would end up ???

regardless of how most of America feels about his crimes, the simple fact is that he's paid his debt to society and he will be re-instated into the NFL.

There are plenty of teams who can use a QB of his caliber. I think he'd be a good fit in Tennessee.

I agree with Tom. He did something wrong, but he admitted to the crime, spent his time behind bars and now has been released. Let the guy earn a living with the skills he's spent a lifetime developing.

I woundn't mind if he ended up in Denver to be honest.

myself I'm on the fence...... some time in the "pound" would be good for him.

I'm curious.......the time he served, would you or I have served such an easy sentence ??

My reasoning is the known 'double standard' we have in this country.

myself I'm on the fence...... some time in the "pound" would be good for him.

I'm curious.......the time he served, would you or I have served such an easy sentence ??

My reasoning is the known 'double standard' we have in this country.

Actually Dave, much of the commentary I'd read seemed to indicate that Vick was pretty much made an example of, that many folks convicted of similar first offences serve less time or even have those sentences commuted. I don't think it was exactly an easy sentence either. It's not like he went to a minimum security country club like Martha Stewart - he served his sentence at Levinworth; a maximum security, hardcore hell hole from all accounts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending what he did. But I think precisely because he was such a high profile offender it may have worked against him.

Last edited:
Actually Dave, much of the commentary I'd read seemed to indicate that Vick was pretty much made an example of, that many folks convicted of similar first offences serve less time or even have those sentences commuted. I don't think it was exactly an easy sentence either. It's not like he went to a minimum security country club like Martha Stewart - he served his sentence at Levinworth; a maximum security, hardcore hell hole from all accounts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending what he did. But I think precisely because he was such a high profile offender it may have worked against him.

All of that plus because he wasn't only stupid for being involved with the situation in the first place, he was careless with his money and loss a lot of what he had left while he was in jail. People kill me being so upset with him. I don't fight dogs but I know people that do. If they got caught and fined, which is the only thing that would happen to them, it would be what they deserve. There was this past year, I think a DB, that during the offseason killed someone while driving drunk. He got 5 months. Still think Vick shouldn't be reinstated?

Actually Vicks problem (same as that knucklehead Iverson) is once he made the big time he forgot to get rid of his "home boyz" , thus the low-life thugs that he hung out with helped create his mess. Kevmars, for your information, it goes well beyond 'fighting dogs' for it's the cruelty in which he executed them, etc that makes me hope he falls flat on his face (well that's not how I real feel, but being a moderator here I've given it the PG-13 treatment !)

Twitch I completely understand your position. But like I said I know a few people that also fight dogs. They all treat the dogs the same. There are no "humane" dog fighting pits or pastures. For every trainer these dogs are a means of profit.
My problem is, there's no protest regarding the other NFL'er who killed a person while driving drunk. That's what make me so angry regarding the Vick situation. I played the game and coach it today and understand the mentality of the average player. What Vick did was stupid and he went to jail for so long for lying to the grand jury and because of his profile. I don't believe the consideration for humane treatment was even weighed in all this mess. It was just a firing point. I do however appreciate that the animal rights protesters at the Eagles game were peaceful and basically tailgated to protest.

No!

Sorry, as some one who has bred and raised dogs his whole life I have no compassion for Mike Vick. He is a thug, pure and simple, and he will always be a thug, Zebra's don't change their stripes. First it was flipping off the fans here in Atlanta, then the water bottle incident and then we find out he was funding a dog fighting ring. As a life long Cleveland Browns fan, we don't want him anywhere near our stadium! And don't even get me started on Donte Stallworth!

Sorry, as some one who has bred and raised dogs his whole life I have no compassion for Mike Vick. He is a thug, pure and simple, and he will always be a thug, Zebra's don't change their stripes. First it was flipping off the fans here in Atlanta, then the water bottle incident and then we find out he was funding a dog fighting ring. As a life long Cleveland Browns fan, we don't want him anywhere near our stadium! And don't even get me started on Donte Stallworth!

I truly understand your outrage, but do you suggest that he not be allowed to work at all?

Is that who it was Dante Stallworth? I don't think anyone should have any compassion for Vick being caught and serving his time or any of the other things that have happened to him. I definitely don't feel sorry for him going to jail. It makes me angry that people can still be so stupid even though they've been blessed to play at that level. But he's done his time and I'm about 92% sure he won't make at least that mistake again. (I never believe fully in any man)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back