Hello from California

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randysmith

Reaction score
Hi,

I've posted a few times but thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm 45, and I've been addicted to "high-end" audio gear since about 1990, when I got an Audible Illusions Pre, Quicksilver 8417, and ML CLS, with a VPI analog and various digital source (moderately priced). I lost interest when I got married and was clean for the last three years, but just started using again!

Over the years my system has become:

VPI HW 19 III / SME 309 / sumiko bluepoint (demised)
ARC PH1

APL Denon 3910 digital

Quicksilver pre
VTL MB125

BRAND NEW ML SPIRE!!

Strictly two channel. I haven't gotten the HT bug yet.

I am also a musician and started playing pretty young at about age 8. Guitar and banjo.

If it hadn't been for this site, I may not have just spent way too much money that I don't have on a brand spanking new pair of Spires, which are about the best thing I've ever heard. I really think so. I had a pair of CLS from ~1991 to 1993, and they really amazed me. Then I switched to Genesis III, which are very good speakers. But the spire is just so seamless and effortless, it is once again amazing me.

So, hello MLC.

Randy

Last edited:
Welcome Randy......another Happy Spire owner here as well.

Hey Randy, as C.A.P. and Dave already said...

:welcome:

I think you'll enjoy it here. What sorts of music do you listen to and play? When you get a chance you should post your setup over in the Members Systems section. Mosy of all, enjoy the music!

Hey Randy,
welcome. Good to see another bay area guy here. We'll need to put you on the list for the next NorCal regional get together... and perhaps you'd be up for hosting sometime. :eek:

Tom.

Welcome Randy,

30 years electric bass player now playing acoustic upright. If all goes well, I'm ordering Spires early next week. :D

I lived in North County San Diego from '78-'85.

Satch

Thanks for the welcome!!

TOMDAC, count me in! I've only ever met a few people who even recognize that ML speakers are actually a speaker, and who don't roll there eyes when I bring up hi end audio, especially the price. I can't imagine being around half a dozen audiophiles. Please put me on the list!

Satch, it seems to me that being a musician has helped me to hear better, and being an audiophile has helped me to play better. Do you notice that? I'm very impressed with the Spires; don't delay a bit and get them ASAP.

This is a definitely a unique site, with a diverse cross section of owners. Very interesting.

Thx again.

I've been looking on-line for vinyl, and it seems there are all kinds of great albums around at good prices. With the internet, it's probably easier than ever to get music you like on vinyl. Way more than I could manage to find in the mid '90s.

Latest posts

Back