Pretty Good Pizza

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstory

Reaction score
I just wanted to put in a plug for John Fogerty's Centerfield Album. I picked one up used this past weekend and was surprised with how open it sounded. A lot of my older records sound kind of closed in, muffled, distant, but Centerfield had a big detailed sound that finally had me listening to my turntable and saying, OK, that's not too bad. :p

My ex kept our CD, so I haven't listened to it in over 10 years, but it is a pretty good sounding LP.

On the other hand I also picked up a copy of Genesis 3 sides live which must have been played with a nail or something. Continual loud crackling in both channels, it was intolerable, completely swamped out the music in the quieter passages. I'm going to see if I can find another copy and exchange it.

Chuck

get the new ORG releases....

Whichever ones that you prefer the music, We've heard them all and they've done a fantastic job on them. Super quiet and very high quality pressings and mastering..

Continual loud crackling in both channels, it was intolerable, completely swamped out the music in the quieter passages.
My copy of the Who's live at Leeds was like that. Once I switched to tube pre-amp with tube phone section and a big tube amp that all kind of just went away.

Although, maybe it was Scotch.:D

get the new ORG releases....

Whichever ones that you prefer the music, We've heard them all and they've done a fantastic job on them. Super quiet and very high quality pressings and mastering..

I've been listening to the ORG pressing of Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" the last few evenings. It's absolutely stunning, one of the best LP's I've heard in a long, long time, and I've been listening to the Analog Production Blue Note reissues. Fantastic job of transferring this to LP!

Back