bad pizza's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
I was shooting the breeze with they guy who owns the record store by me
and he stated that because of the recent resurgence in vinyl that the manufactures can not keep up with demand and he has seen more bad pressings than ever before in in his whole life! have you guys ran into similar problems?

No problems here (although my sample size is relatively small), except for the pressing of Lt Kije (which I'm exchanging for the 45 RPM version). I have many bad memories of yesteryear when the average pressing was crap.

No, I guess I've been lucky in that all of my new vinyl has been excellent in terms of pressings except one of the AP BNs which was promptly exchanged by AS. Mastering has been a different issue with most being good to great and some poor to dismal.

I'm pretty sure I have had a few bad apples come my way. The only reason I am not certain is because there were so many issues with my previous setup, it was hard to tell what was record related vs. poor setup. Over the past few days I have been spinning a lot of vinyl with my new turntable and doing some adjusting. It is apparent to me that this new arm tracks better although there are still a few records that I have my doubts about. I have cleaned them several times to no avail, and if I can get my hands on a new or good condition version of these records then that will give me some answers.

Glen

I bought a "Toadies" album at Hastings, in College Station and it had a manufacturing defect. It had a piece of white cardboard, a little over a square millimeter in size, running right through the second track! Needless to say, it was returned! Overall, though I am very pleased with the pressings I've bought over the last couple of years.

Latest posts

Back