Today's ANALOG Observation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
At lunch today myself and one of my young "analog buddies" (he's only 25 !) went over to West Chester University to check out their major vinyl sale of all their Lp's that were part of the University's radio station. While 99% were of Progressive rock bands and other odd genre's from the 80's ,of which I didn't recognize, I did make a dollar donation for a funky Polka Band named 'Rotondi'.

What I thouroughly enjoyed was talking to all these young people and listening to their enthusiasm over analog. FWIW, hands down the turntable of choice among the group.....Technics 1200. A few had moderate belt drive rigs, but these were mostly students and other young people. Of note was a couple of co-eds walking by outside the Hall saying...."Oh, there's an antique record sale going on in there" ! ........I love those cute co-eds !!!

Anyways just thought I'd report that 'black pizza' lives on !

Attachments

• rotondi[1].jpg
    rotondi[1].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 206
I'd love to crank up a Technics 1200 with my old Marantz 35-35 (something like that) and the A/R speakers... Just to see if it was as good as I remembered.

Satch

Now in my mid 40's Oscar Wilde's statement "Youth is wasted on the young." rings ever more true......:rolleyes: I even had a co-worker ask incredulously "You bought a new CD PLAYER?" She, in her mp3 world. I then proceeded to tell her about my lovely turntable and new MC cartridge. Playing at being an old f-rt is quite entertaining actually...:D

Back