2m bronze

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
does anybody have this cartridge? I just ordered it from needle doctor and need to know if anybody know any tricks to installing it I have never installed a new cartridge/needle before I have a pro-ject expretions III TT

Attachments

• 2mbronze.jpg
    2mbronze.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 102
FISH, do you have Fremers DVD '21st Century Vinyl' ?

I believe it covers a Pro-Ject table install

Good stuff Fish - it's good to see someone getting into vinyl in the year 2008/9:)

Try not to panic when setting it up - shaky hands don't help. Keep the stylus guard in place for as much of the time you are setting up as possible.

I still love vinyl, and I think it's really nice to have more than one source to hand... so you can appreciate the merits and disadvantages of both digital and analogue first hand.

Enjoy... hope it provides a good uplift in SQ for you. The more you invest, the better it gets... statement of the obvious, I know!

Last edited:
Sorry that I don't have any tips for you since I'm not familiar with your table but Dave's suggestion about Fremer's DVD will be very helpful. Also, make sure you have some type of force guage such as the Shure or a digital one. This will keep you from tracking too heavy or light and stay within the specs. One last thing....Excellent cartridge choice:music:. I heard the "Black" version and was very very impressed. The dealer said the whole line was very good and consistent. Enjoy and post some pics when you have it setup and give us your impression.

thanks guys I will get that dvd. if I really like the Ortofon I will eventually upgrade to the black when the styli wares out you can go from bronze to black with the same cartridge.

My hands are still steady, but my near vision isn't what it used to be...so, I find a GEO-DISC by Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs to be invaluable in aligning cartridges.

Patrick at needle doctor sold me a Geo disc so it will come with my Ortofon. I highly recommend those guys they are very friendly and knowledgeable especially Patrick.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back