How many new Martin logan sales have you created

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
How many of you have had friends or family over to hear your ML's and a couple of weeks or months later they purchased a pair (new or used it does not matter). if so which models did you own and what models did they buy.

None ! Most of my friends are NON audio Tonally challenged ! Now a few ML site members have been taken back by the CLS ........

Same here...none.

Most of my friends and relatives come over and say (usually in this order):

"That's a set of speakers?"
"Where does the sound come from?"
"I have Bose are they as good as Bose?"
"How much did they cost?"
"I'll stick with my Bose."

I usally shrug and just keep my mouth shut.

And yes, I am one of the members that is very impressed with the sound of CAP's system.

Last edited:
I've only created 1 logan fan.. my friend Ryan who bought my reQuests... I think the site has helped sell alot of Logans, though... sah-weeeeeet!

Yeah where's your commission, Tom?:) ML owe you big time. Soz I was a bit nasty about your Squeezebox, BTW. I had one but sold it because the s/w drove me round the bend. Hopefully it is better now.

Anyway, I tried on my brother. I think he was pretty blown away when he heard my system a couple of years or so ago - bit of an upgrade from some Missions and a Denon AV amp. But his wife just won't even entertain the idea. He has 7 speakers in his lounge, and the idea of a big main pair is just going too far...

I'm at somewhere around 7 to 8 direct sales as a result of being an advocate and giving plenty of demos.

One of them is even a member here (ScottG) as I infected him over 12 years ago with the bug ;)

One friend even asked if I was on commission, as I was wearing a Martin Logan logoed shirt and was waxing enthusiastic about the brand. Sadly, I told him, no, all I get is the satisfaction of another person in the world enjoying great sound. :music:

Yeah where's your commission, Tom?:) ML owe you big time. Soz I was a bit nasty about your Squeezebox, BTW. I had one but sold it because the s/w drove me round the bend. Hopefully it is better now.

Anyway, I tried on my brother. I think he was pretty blown away when he heard my system a couple of years or so ago - bit of an upgrade from some Missions and a Denon AV amp. But his wife just won't even entertain the idea. He has 7 speakers in his lounge, and the idea of a big main pair is just going too far...

That's easy - just exchange seven crap ones for two good ones.

Yes, the Squeezebox software is much improved - I don't know how many versions you tried, but frankly, I've never had a problem. It has always been rock solid and just runs away on a dedicated server - I never touch it.

That's easy - just exchange seven crap ones for two good ones.

Yes, the Squeezebox software is much improved - I don't know how many versions you tried, but frankly, I've never had a problem. It has always been rock solid and just runs away on a dedicated server - I never touch it.

Sorry Adam, I am a s/w engineer. No question of doubt about it, it was a pile of sh*te. I sold it a long time ago now, though.

And a lot of the plug-ins didn't work properly either - a really useful one being a BBC one.

In fact it was below poor. Real amateur grade open source diarrhoea. Sorry, but it was true at the time I owned one!

Last edited:
Sorry Adam, I am a s/w engineer. No question of doubt about it, it was a pile of sh*te. I sold it a long time ago now, though.

And a lot of the plug-ins didn't work properly either - a really useful one being a BBC one.

In fact it was below poor. Real amateur grade open source diarrhoea. Sorry, but it was true at the time I owned one!

But how many versions did you try? I'm sure there's been some below par releases. I'm on 7.2 now, previously 6.5.4 and one or two before that (can't remember the versions). They've all been great.

Sorry, got carried away. My answer is much the same as Kruppy's - Conversation starts off with "what are they" or "why do you have such big speakers" or "are those speakers" - words to that effect. And the conversation ends with "you're crazy" or "you've got too much money" or a phrase to that effect.

If we change the question to how many CDs/DVDs (movie and concert) have you sold from people listening to your system, it would be huge. People hear new things and have a completely new audio and video experience, but they forget you need the rig to make the stuff sound so good ;)

If we change the question to how many CDs/DVDs (movie and concert) have you sold from people listening to your system, it would be huge. People hear new things and have a completely new audio and video experience, but they forget you need the rig to make the stuff sound so good ;)

Muchly agreed there......

Latest posts

Back