Be Honest - Do You Mainly Listen To Your Logans When Drinking?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As per thread title.

• Man - I'm always straight. Tea totaller, you see.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Yup - I like a glass or two.

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Yup - not done til the wine bottle has gone.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Only one bottle of wine? You've gotta be kidding!

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

User211

Reaction score
Just curious...:)

For the poll, if you don't drink wine, estimate an equivalent for your preferred tipple.

I have left the poll as anonymous so telling the truth, at least in the poll, is easy!

Personally, I rarely listen seriously to my system without drinking. The two just go hand in hand. Either that, or my system is so bad I have to drink:)! I don't think so, though:D.

For me, a lot of it is just an escape from the stress and strain of having to work for a living. And it sure does the trick - I usually feel much better for it the next day - unless the drinking diverges from the initial plan, of course:)

The poll questions might have been better structured, but hey - I've been drinking (just kidding - in fact I'm knackered and about to zzzzzzzzzz!).

Quick edit before I finally do zzzzzzzzzz. It has occurred to me that I used to have my system on much more when it was in the lounge of my last house... usually when watching the telly and sober. Now I have the luxury of a separate listening room I actually use it a fair amount less! But when I do, it seems that much better. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt!

Last edited:
I only drink on weekends, so weeknight listening is totally sober. But considering the "Cheese and Wine" thread used to be called "An oft forgotten upgrade to your system", listening is much more enjoyable after a couple of glasses.

Two of the greatest pleasures in life - good music and good wine - even better when enjoyed together - the experience is more than the sum of the parts.

I drink sometimes.. not usually when I'm home, though.. unless we have people over for dinner or something.. When I'm doing serious listening, I like to have a clear head.

I only drink on days that end in Y :ROFL: Yes I do here and there, It can make a system sound,..... well Better. Mine has sounded so good it has put me to sleep a time or two.

I agree it does go with the relaxation thing. Every time I have had people here or went somewhere to listen after the first initial listen the real ears came out after some Tonal juice was consumed. ;)

I never drink alcool, I'm more into coffee and soft drink.

I listen to my Logans when I am drinking AND when I am not drinking, i.e. no connection.

It depends. When I'm listening during the day it's sober. At night, well, you have to pray to the Sun god to come back the next morning, so I'm more often drinking than not if I'm relaxing to music. (The day it doesn't come back you'll be wishing you had been praying to it!) :D

I'll enjoy a nice Chardonnay depending on my mood and budget! I'll usually go through the bottle though so I try to limit that......:rolleyes:

I only drink at night, but it's always night somewhere, right. I typically listen at all hours so I may or may not be drinking when I do so.

If I'm listening to my system with the intention of tweaking, adding a new component, or making some sort of physical adjustment, I do that tea-total sober. This gear is just too expensive to risk messing something up because I've got a buzz on... :eek:

But sometimes, on weekends or at night, I'll have a little nip of something. This time of year, a nice cup of stiff eggnog can be the ultimate tweak. Acoustic juice indeed... ;)

--Richard

This time of year, a nice cup of stiff eggnog can be the ultimate tweak. Acoustic juice indeed... ;)

Can you imagine another prohibition? They'd have to issue special audiophile licences - "it's not for drinking pleasure sir, it's for listening" - alcohol is an audiophile component of equal importance to amplifiers, speakers and all other components!

Maybe Ethan can prove our systems measure differently after the listener has had a drink or two? Damn straight I'm sure mine does!

Can you imagine another prohibition? They'd have to issue special audiophile licences - "it's not for drinking pleasure sir, it's for listening" - alcohol is an audiophile component of equal importance to amplifiers, speakers and all other components!

Maybe Ethan can prove our systems measure differently after the listener has had a drink or two? Damn straight I'm sure mine does!

Prohibition was the single most stupid thing that the USA govt. did. It just made the Kennedy's richer.

I should have been borne a Australian as I agree, and then some........

Oficer.....I promise I will not drink and listen again, never, never......oh hell maybe one little one !.......:D

Unfortunately, I don't get to drink and listen frequently. I usually listen late when all other things are done and I can relax and concentrate. If I were to crack open even a single beer, it would help me fall asleep faster. Booze or music? Music - so I avoid the drinks. The only exception is if I took a nap earlier in the day.

Alcohol will usually exacerbates any hearing anomalies I have, tinnitus, narrowing of range, background white noise, etc. Same with over the counter meds like Alieve. I still occasionally have a drink or two in the evening but not for any sound enhancement properties.
Now the very rare pipefull of "organic" tobacco . . . don't get me started.:music:

you will catch me on the weekends sipping on a few bottles of good Chardonnay at night listening to the logans, but during the week, not that much. Yes, the logans usually end up soothing me to sleep as well!

Interesting, I used to be a heavy drinker, all my systems sounded great, the Doc made me quit in Jan '08, I was worried I wouldn't enjoy the tunes as much. I was very wrong, all the systems and especially the main rig with the Logans :music: :rocker:! Whew, I told the Doc, I'll stay off the sauce since the music still sounds great and, I don't have to worry about the tonearm skatin' across the Lps so much :D

I do miss the taste and the listening experience with a nice martini in hand (I have three Marantz's) I'll just live vicariously through ya'll :devil:

Craig

Latest posts

Back