I have made the step towards the dark side.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Pro-Ject Xpression III Turntable it should be here Monday. last time a listened to a record it was when I was 16 years old and on the speakers I bought from a white van so I figured for fun I would give it a second chance especially after all the smack talk I have done against it.after much delegation I settled on this model it seemed to have good performance for the price. If I like the experience I will make upgrades.any record suggestions I am really open to anything that sounds good especially classic rock, female vocalist, classic and wind instruments or electronic music or really anything that you guys like on vinyl you all seem to have good taste.I have a long list of favorites but a few wild cards would be nice.

Attachments

• xpression.jpg
    xpression.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
No 'Dark Side' IMO ! ......."Black Pizza", yeah baby, spin it in good health !!

Remember SET UP IS EVERYTHING! It will take some time and patience...particularly if you have not had and set up a really nice turntable before!

Happy listening. She is a real beauty! I always look forward to December when I get some time off and can actually spin some vinyl! That is coming up real soon! YEA!

A soon-to-be-closed Tweeter near me has a Pro-Ject turntable that I'm planning to make a lowball offer on soon. Hope you enjoy yours!

Clay

Female vocalist recommendations:

Jacintha (several LPs)
Judy Collins' "Judith"
Ana Caram's "Rio After Dark" on Chesky, if you can find it.
I have not listened to the Diana Krall LPs, but I imagine they are good - I did not buy any as I don't like her new stuff.
Linda Ronstadt singing "Blue Bayou".

Congrats on your purchase!

Given this threads title, you really must get a copy of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl! Jean-Michel Jarres Equinoxe has mind blowing imaging.

Have fun!

Congrats on joining us vinyl lovers! I recommend getting the new Jenny Lewis album, "Acid Tongue". It includes a CD, so you can play both the vinyl version and the digital version and compare.

All these new vinyl guys will drive up prices, damn!

Cat Stevens' Teaser & The Firecat and Tea for the Tillerman; Radiohead on vinyl. Bach's Brandenburg Concertos (Smithsonian N3016) in a HIP performance that will knock your socks off!

Last edited:
I was at the used record store that also sells used cd's and new basically everything last night and bought some I was surprised to see how many people where gobbling up the black pizza! many where younger I would say under 23 I guess mp3's have not got everyone yet.

Latest posts

Back