How to set SRA after determining stylus' true vertical?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsgarch

Reaction score
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1140840022&openmine&zzNsgarch&4&5#Nsgarch

In response to several requests from MartinLogan analog people, this is the link to my historical (hysterical?) treatise on setting up a cartridge for perfect tracking.

Note: this is critical for micro-ridge or line-contact diamond shapes. Elliptical and spherical styli are more forgiving in this respect.

Note: the first picture illustration link doesn't click through, and must be pasted into your browser. The other two are OK.

Note: forget you ever heard the expreseeion "VTA". There's probably a one-in-a-trillion chance that your cartridge is dimensionally identical to the cutter-head, and so is the chance you could match the VTA of your cartridge to the VTA of the cutter head. AND EVEN IF YOU COULD, you'd still need to set the SRA (stylus rake angle) properly to get the best reproduction.

Note: Please add questions/comments to the Audiogon thread so they can all be in one place. Thanks.

Neil

PS -- I have also been asked about a similar A-gon thread on MC cartridge loading. I'll find it. It might even be part of the SRA thread. I can't remember right now ;-)

Latest posts

Back