Tube Tester

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
I think it's time for me to invest in a tube tester. I've been looking at the B&K 747. Does anyone have any recommendations? Keep in mind that I need to be able to check many different types as I never know what I might buy next. :D

especially with me looking at some tube mono blocks....;)

I've got a new-old stock Eico 667 that does not work properly. It's a pain to set up and I would not recommend it. OTOH, there's a company called Transcendent Sound that makes audio kits and it sells a tube tester (analyzer) kit. This one looks very interesting. After all my current diy projects (a second modified Dyna ST70, A Dyna FM3, a Bottlehead Seduction phono pre, a Transcendent grounded grid preamp) have been completed, I might try my hand at the tube tester.

Which tube monos would those be jtwrace? And a link to some pics?

:guitarman: sez tube monos make me :)

I have an old Avo two panel tester, which OK for pre and low powered output valves, but it's very old and probably out of spec. It does seem to give realistic readings, though!

What I will say is that you will hardly ever use it, in reality. Tubes do last some time, more than most give them credit for... so 2nd hand makes sense.

Latest posts

Back