Who will be the first to obtain CLXs?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will obtain CLXs first?

• Me (okay, I can hope)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Joey (you've got a reputation to uphold mate)

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Tom (will he bring a pair home from Kansas)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • MiTT (Tim) (He's smitten with his CLS - for how long?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TheWB (Wayne) (He was the first to hear the Spires - what about the CLX?)

• Another present CLS member

• Another senior member

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other member

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Newbie / Junior member (there could be a dark horse there in the waiting)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Someone new (they'll join 'cos the acquire their first 'stat - the CLX)

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

amey01

Reaction score
So who will be the first to obtain CLXs - me (yeah right) or someone else? Joey? You've got a lot riding on you.

Last edited:
My votes for Joey, if he likes what he hears, somehow he'll aquire a pair.:D

Unless I win the Lottery,(and I don't play), there are no CLX's in my immediate future.:sad:

My oldest son starts College this August at a Private University and I'm gonna be a Daddy again in October.:banghead:

Books, Tuition, Diapers, Formula, Doctor Bills.:eek:

My oldest son starts College this August at a Private University and I'm gonna be a Daddy again in October.:banghead:

Books, Tuition, Diapers, Formula, Doctor Bills.:eek:

Wayne, I'm not sure of what kind of card to send you...... "Congratulations or a Sympathy" card ??? You may not be as old as me but I think you're at least Fifty, God bless you !!

Hopefully we are able to get together Fri 5/9, I'll gladly buy you a drink !!

I don't see my self spending $20k in the near future. Not that they may not sound well but my wallet cant handle it .

Are you guys crazy?!

How am I going to obtain a pair of $20K speakers???

My reputation has cooled down quite a bit... I've gotten so used to my system and have been utterly satisfied in its current set up and room, that I've had no desire (ok ok... desire is there, but the trigger finger is much more controlled) to really move up anywhere.

I will hear the CLX... IF it truly blows my socks off, it will be next on the agenda... as for now... I dunno.

Besides, come on fellas... I just got a new apartment that I'm moving to in a month (June 1st) and getting my system to sound decent (again) in a totally NEW room will be challenging enough... no CLX for the immediate future!

:)

Are you guys crazy?!
Besides, come on fellas... I just got a new apartment that I'm moving to in a month (June 1st) and getting my system to sound decent (again) in a totally NEW room will be challenging enough... no CLX for the immediate future!

ignoring the opening and rehtorical question... anyone open to a side bet with me on Joey getting CLX into the new place?

Are you guys crazy?!

How am I going to obtain a pair of $20K speakers???

My reputation has cooled down quite a bit... I've gotten so used to my system and have been utterly satisfied in its current set up and room, that I've had no desire (ok ok... desire is there, but the trigger finger is much more controlled) to really move up anywhere.

I will hear the CLX... IF it truly blows my socks off, it will be next on the agenda... as for now... I dunno.

But you still voted for you, right?

I voted for Tom.

I just know he's gonna listen to them in Kansas and bring 'em home in a U Haul. He'll hock the M3 and that new scooter, maybe sell a few pints of blood and take out a second on the house. Kerry won't speak to him for a month and he'll be doing some couch time, but he'll lull himself to sleep each night to the dulcet tones of his favorite 80's music played back on a world class speaker. Eventually Martin Logan will solicit him to appear in a series of print ad's and Kerry will forgive him as he launches into a whole new carreer as a highly demanded male model working soley in the audio industry and underwear ads. He'll make more money than any of us can count and never forget the day he first heard the CLX in lovely Lawrance, KS thus opening a new chapter in his life.

I voted for Tom.

I just know he's gonna listen to them in Kansas and bring 'em home in a U Haul. He'll hock the M3 and that new scooter, maybe sell a few pints of blood and take out a second on the house. Kerry won't speak to him for a month and he'll be doing some couch time, but he'll lull himself to sleep each night to the dulcet tones of his favorite 80's music played back on a world class speaker. Eventually Martin Logan will solicit him to appear in a series of print ad's and Kerry will forgive him as he launches into a whole new carreer as a highly demanded male model working soley in the audio industry and underwear ads. He'll make more money than any of us can count and never forget the day he first heard the CLX in lovely Lawrance, KS thus opening a new chapter in his life.

Oh my !!!! I think I just ****ed my shorts !! LOL !!!!!

Looks like we all got beat by Logan Love... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

Nice story, Tim! Tom as an underwear model, eh? :devil:

Looks like we all got beat by Logan Love... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

Nice story, Tim! Tom as an underwear model, eh? :devil:

I'm actually a little suprised and disappointed that Tom hasn't seen fit to comment on that yet. Figured he'd either laugh about it or BAN me!

Joey Will Be The First...

Joey,

:DMy reason is because you will be this high paid Dr. someday... or you will find a wonderful deal somewhere... :D

OMG!!!!! :eek: What were you thinking?
Wilma wants to try one more time for that Elusive Daughter, I couldn't tell her no.
Congrats, Wayne!

Wayne, I'm not sure of what kind of card to send you...... "Congratulations or a Sympathy" card ???

Hopefully we are able to get together Fri 5/9, I'll gladly buy you a drink !!

Thanks guys, Dave I'll take you up on that drink if we get together Friday.

They are coming our way too. Not sure if they are going to stay,
but I would say the probability is extremely high.

Don't know when we will get our pair either, ML's gotta take
care of the retail customers first!

I'm actually a little disappointed that I haven't received any votes yet. :confused:

I WILL be picking up something in the price range in the next year or so. I was originally thinking it would be Avalon Indra's and keep the CLS's so that I'd have both a set a stats and a major league dynamic system. After all the talk about the CLX I simply have to hear them and factor that into the mix. I am very, VERY intrigued.

Truth be told, I'm suprised somebody hasn't already taken delivery of a pair and either joined the club or updated their Member System.

Who will be the first? ;)

Latest posts

Back