The Blue Note Reissues, Get 'Em

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risabet

Reaction score
I just received the first two (Dexter Gordon's Dexter Calling and Jackie McLean's Capuchin Swing) of twenty-five Blue Note reissues from Analogue Productions and I am amazed. I was aware that the Blue Note sound was special but these are just amazing recreations of musical events. Pressed on 180g vinyl at 45 RPM if Bop and Hard Bop are within your musical sphere you owe it to yourself to get these albums. The originals are ridiculously expensive and couldn't possible sound this good IMO. Music Matters has also released a different set (64) of Blue Notes with incredible packaging and the same mastering/pressings by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman at AcousTech. I'll be buying select releases from them also.

I've been thinking about getting on the ordering list for the whole set, but I've already got some of them. So, I'll probably just order a select few of them.

I just finished listening to mine as I sit down to type this, .......WOW !
dead quiet , superbly remastered, an absolute joy to listen to. My only quibles is a tear in the label from the center hole out about an inch on side one, but who cares !

Along with my Blue Note shipment I also recieved, "Workin' with The Miles Davis Quintet". Summing up this alblum is simple.....if your a Miles Davis fan (yeah he can be a tempremental pain in the butt) and don't have it...GET IT !! it is that good. Another Analogue Production masterpiece.

Thanks for the info... I just ordered Kenny Burrell / Midnight Blue / Classic Blue Note 200g. Colman Hawkins / The Hawk Relaxes / 45rpm 2 lp. Johnny Shines / Last Nights Dream 180g from Pure Pleasure and other Blues LPs like Muddy Waters and Lightnin' Hopkins.

Looking for similar remastered LPs for some of the post WW II Blues. Guys like Lowell Fulson, Willie Dixon, Memphis Slim, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Pinetop Perkins, etc... Anybody run across anything like that?

Love the new TT and soon I'll have more than 6 LPs.

Have you heard Skip James / Today / Pure Pleasure / 180g ? Recorded in 1964. Skip James is from the Robert Johnson era. Turn the lights down and this LP'll scare the bejeezus out of ya!

Satch

Fun / Skip James / Cleaning reminder and note.

Thanks for the info... I just ordered Kenny Burrell / Midnight Blue / Classic Blue Note 200g. Colman Hawkins / The Hawk Relaxes / 45rpm 2 lp. Johnny Shines / Last Nights Dream 180g from Pure Pleasure and other Blues LPs like Muddy Waters and Lightnin' Hopkins.

Love the new TT and soon I'll have more than 6 LPs.

Have you heard Skip James / Today / Pure Pleasure / 180g ? Recorded in 1964. Skip James is from the Robert Johnson era. Turn the lights down and this LP'll scare the bejeezus out of ya!

Satch

Ain't vinyl fun?!:rocker:
Glad to hear you are on your way to some nice tunes. I will be checking out this Skip James guy.
On a side note: Recently I have been listening to some used stuff I picked up. Would like to remind all of the powers of Last Power Cleaner, and a record vac of your choice. I have converted more than one CD only member of the "audio club" by giving a short before and after demo. With 90% of the stuff I buy in the used market (if you are careful) a good cleaning will give a peak into that silence we are all looking for.
One note - I just started manually cleaning the records before using the Last cleaner. I read this on the net somewhere and it makes sense. The manual cleaning will take all the "big stuff" off before you grind it in with the Last brush. Wish I would have thought of this years ago. Its seems to have made a difference in what was already a very good cleaning.:D

Latest posts

Back