Time to "Roll my Own"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
No I'm not talking about a "Dubbie", rather a little 'tube rolling' for the M-150's

Here are my thoughts and for those 'tub-o-philes' on the sight with experience in what tubes I have I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Output tubes - KT-88 --------Genalex 'Gold Lion'

Input tube - 12AX7 ----------RCA 'Black Plate'

Driver tubes - 12AU7 -------- " " "

No I'm not talking about a "Dubbie", rather a little 'tube rolling' for the M-150's

Here are my thoughts and for those 'tub-o-philes' on the sight with experience in what tubes I have I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Output tubes - KT-88 --------Genalex 'Gold Lion'

Input tube - 12AX7 ----------RCA 'Black Plate'

Driver tubes - 12AU7 -------- " " "

Dave,

I can't help you with which ones to buy but I can send you in the proper direction. I've been rolling tubes like a monkey on meth lately with my new pre (Cary SLP-05). I deal with Andy at http://www.vintagetubeservices.com/ He is GREAT!!! Call him, don't even e-mail. That's what I love, the personal service. He knows more about tubes then most ever will. Seriously, call him and talk to him. You will not be disappointed. Let us know how you make out.

Good Luck & have fun!!

I deal with Andy at http://www.vintagetubeservices.com/ He is GREAT!!! Call him, don't even e-mail. That's what I love, the personal service. He knows more about tubes then most ever will. Seriously, call him and talk to him. You will not be disappointed. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks JT ! I have purused his website before and I shall check him out further !

Rogue 150

I have tried several NOS tubes in my 150 currently I am using GE 6550
about $175 a pair the rest of the tubes are Mullard NOS
Since I live in Houston I buy them from Tejas Tubes locally
I have tried the reissue Gold Lion KT88, I think for the money the Shuguang
88 works very well

Well, tube selection has been finalized.............

KT-88's -----Genalex "Gold Lion"
12AU7's -----RFT
12AX7 ------ RCA-12AX7A

Jt, I tried (four times) to get in touch with Andy, no aswer and no return of voice mail left ??

I have gone with Jim McShane, he comes well thought of over on the asylum as well as the Audio Circle. They should be here by thur.

Back