Who's the baddest of them all?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which ML dominates over all others?

• CLS (any version)

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Monolith

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Quest/reQuest

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Summit

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

FatJ

Reaction score
So which is it? Which one of ML's creations truly deserves the gold medal? What do you think was the most AMAZING ML ever?

I voted Prodigy, but I am biased! I LOVE mine! I do like the Monoliths too though, but still think the Prodigy have the most beautiful and imposing look! The real kings of course would be the Statements!

Of course, the Statement E2xs - they're the BADDEST of them all!

Unfortunately, I've never heard a pair...never fret - Just wait a few more weeks and I'll be taking my delivery......
I wish...

I wish too! :D

I didn't include the statements as I knew how that one would turn out! ;)

Looks like so far it's a toss up between the CLS and the Summit....

I have Prodigys so my vote is somewhat biased, I have heard all of the others and have never had the urge to part with them.

I love my Summits and still think they are the most accurate and coherent ML's throughout the entire audible frequency spectrum, but for the baddest of them all, I had to vote for the Prodigies. They are so big and beautiful and sound so great in a large room. Give me the bass module and electronics of the Summit and the panel size of the Prodigy and that is the speaker I will vote for -- gee, would that be a "Super Summit?"

I debated my vote for a while, but wound up going for Monoliths over CLS.

I agree the purity of the lone ESL is attractive, but I feel that even the Monolith's large panel is reaching diminish returns. I even cross mine over at 300hz, as they drop off pretty fast after that. The ESL just needs augmentation in the mid-bass. and the Monolith woofer, compromised though it is, does help.

Ideally, it would be a mid-bass array, say like a Statement e2 ;)

At least I know I have the baddest center channel! No one's taking that away from me :haha1:

Latest posts

Back