New McIntosh turntable..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
While surfing the net, I happened across this site, which covered CEDIA 2007...
http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2007/CEDIA2007/day1/index.htm

These pictures caught my interest and I thought I'd share. I did a little more surfing and think this is made by clearaudio or Basis for McIntosh, or at least shares some engineering. I think the price will be around the $8K range, which includes the arm and cartridge. There are more pics at the site. Sorry if this is old news.

231763720-M.jpg

231764717-M.jpg

You are on the money. It's all sourced by Clearaudio, to McIntosh specs. Originally it was going to be 8k, but they have raised the price to 9K...

Haven't heard it yet though. I'm sure being from Clear, it is fairly good.

You either love or hate the look!

Thanks Jeff. If I had other Mac gear, I'd like the look, but it seems a little odd to have a big blue meter just to show what speed is being used. I bet it is much more impressive in real life.

I am a pure Mc user and I am still rolling on this comment which I agree with. Classic!

Yeah, but hey, Loyle Lovet was doin' Julia Roberts so even homely wins out sometimes.

I don't think the turntable looks nearly as bad as that audio stand made with diamond plate. What's up with that? It's about as ugly as Billy Bob Thornton (oh wait - wasn't he doin' Angelina Jolie?)

Last edited:
Cool but stupid at the same time.

I love it.

I hate it.

It's good to be different?

I'm so confused.

It looks like a spoof, maybe we need to run a check on SNOPES.com.:D

With a look like that they should have included a phono amplifier; then it would have been super-cool.

Definitely looks interesting. I bet this is one of those things that looks better in real life.

Last edited:
Actually I think it belongs at the local tire shop, a high tech tire balancing machine I do believe !!

Took the removeable panels off the back for a little more air given the tight space of the Salamder cabinet but this is the only set up my wife would endorse. I purchased two Adona racks which would have been ideal but those got shot down so I had to go to plan B. Sold one of the Adona's and have another in storage. :duh:

Last edited:
Would the wife not agree to the Adona if you explained that your current arrangement will shorten the life of your equipment, hence more expenditure getting replacements ?

I like the look of the Adonas, but they are not in my budget at this time; my wife likes the look of them, BTW. Isn't that the way it always works? When you have the money you do not have the spousal approval, and vice versa.

So this new Mac TT is sourced by Clearaudio? Man, I bet those Bavarian Analogue Geniuses are assembling them with one hand because they need to hold their noses with the other.

It's hard to believe that Clearaudio would produce something that looks that silly. Their own "house" line are all so sleek...

And I agree with another post--I think this thing may be some sort of Photoshop trickery. I find it hard to believe that either Mcintosh OR Clearaudio would produce something that looked that disjointed and hacked together...

But I bet is SOUNDS great. Heck for $9k, it BETTER sound great....

--Richard

Longevity of my "equipment" (no that's not a euphemism for anything else but that is close to applying as well) is sadly of little concern for my wife. She does not share the passion (geez I did it again) and as far as the money goes, it is not something I think she puts a lot of concern into. I beleive she might just paraphrase the chip commerical's I remember where they say something along the line as we will "just make more".

All that aside, I agree with Richard and just about everyone else on the thread that it looks like two seperate products got slapped together. The analogy I would use is that it is kind of like the late night talk show bits where they put two pictures of attractive people together and show what their offspring might look like after conception. Beautiful seperately but somewhere in the genetic shuffle something went horribly wrong.

Would the wife not agree to the Adona if you explained that your current arrangement will shorten the life of your equipment, hence more expenditure getting replacements ?

I like the look of the Adonas, but they are not in my budget at this time; my wife likes the look of them, BTW. Isn't that the way it always works? When you have the money you do not have the spousal approval, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back