Old Grommes tube amps...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Classified Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a pawn broker, and he just took in a pair of Grommes-Precision G-101A amps. I was wondering if any of you guys knew anything abou this amp, like is is mono or stereo. My friend says they are in excellent condition cosmetically, and they do power up and work, but I imagine they need to be re-tubed (they use 4 6GT5's for output) and probably re-capped too, considering their age...

Anyway, they seem to be a pretty good amp from what I can find, and at 100watts they might atually have enough juice to run my Scenarios nicely.

Any thoughts?

--Richard

I have a friend who is a pawn broker, and he just took in a pair of Grommes-Precision G-101A amps. I was wondering if any of you guys knew anything abou this amp, like is is mono or stereo. My friend says they are in excellent condition cosmetically, and they do power up and work, but I imagine they need to be re-tubed (they use 4 6GT5's for output) and probably re-capped too, considering their age... Anyway, they seem to be a pretty good amp from what I can find, and at 100watts they might atually have enough juice to run my Scenarios nicely. Any thoughts? --Richard
Here's a thought: Grab them! Then send them here for a complete refurb: http://www.grommesprecision.com/grommes/

Latest posts

Back