CartAlign Vs Feickert Cartridge Alignment Gauges

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
I have the CartAlign cartridge alignment gauge, and find it a bit of a pain to position it such that the reference line is precisely between the spindle and the centre of the tonearm pivot. The Feickert does away with this uncertainty; however, the Feickert uses the cartridge body for alignment, whereas the CartAlign uses the cantilever for alignment, the CartAlign instructions stating that cantilever alignment is more accurate than cartridge body alignment as the cantilever may not be square with the body of the cartridge.

Any opinions ? There are trade-offs in both.

Cantilever alignment is more accurate as the cantilever is aligned perpendicularly to the generator mechanism by definition. I use the MoFi Geodisc which aligns the cantilever and is also a PITA to use, especially with aging eyes:( Assuming that the cartridge mechanism is precisely placed within the body and that the body is perfectly square than both methods should be equally accurate.

........ is also a PITA to use, especially with aging eyes:( ............
Tell me about it. I sometimes take off my bifocals to see better, then realize that I can't see better, but it's not worse either !!!

Latest posts

Back